Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super reduced reacd seat comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 09:12 PM
timberdoodle
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Think I'll give MCC a call and see what they can do. sounds like everyone is happy with them and it is much cheaper.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:15 PM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I give MeanCity a node they lowerd and narrowed my stock flhrc seat .it's great

Old 03-30-2012, 09:18 PM
KAUFMANSM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one that was on my 02 ultra classic for 1 day. Hated it, felt to cramped. if you want to buy it from me PM me. Dont know if it will fit on a 12. I will sell it for $100.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:32 PM
timberdoodle
4th Gear

When they lower a seat they must have to take away some of the padding. Does that make the ride more tiring on the butt or is there plenty of padding in the seat in the first place so you don't really notice it? My stock seat sure is comfy but I do need to get lower.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I believe that the reach seats are also not compatible with either the HD or Mustang driver back rest. Tried the reach seat and didn't like it. Have Mustang wide touring and like it. 5'7" 30" inseam. Oh and Progressive 940's

Old 03-31-2012, 07:16 AM
smithbrl
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Chunker
I believe that the reach seats are also not compatible with either the HD or Mustang driver back rest. Tried the reach seat and didn't like it. Have Mustang wide touring and like it. 5'7" 30" inseam. Oh and Progressive 940's
No problem using the HD adjustable driver's backrest with a Reach seat.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:13 PM
bwiningr
Intermediate

I have a 30" inseam, and i have had my 2010 Limited lowered and also have the super reduced reach seat. I will say you do give up just a little comfort but for me having the added footing was much more of a plus than the little comfort lost. The wife says he half of the seat is just as comfortable as the stock, incase your ride 2 up. I have taken several trips that were well over 1500 miles and it was not bad at all, but everyone is different in what they like, thats way HD can sell all those different accessories. LOL

Old 03-31-2012, 06:45 PM
Depdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very new to Baggers (just bought a 2012 Street Glide). They did not have the regular reduced reach seat, only the super reduced reach. I am 5'7" about 180 with 29-30" inseam. The super reduced reach felt like I was trying to cram my nuts in my navel. VERY uncomfortable and it actually made my foot contact on the ground worse. It was like trying to sit in a V. When they get a normal reduced reach in I will try it. I am on the lookout for a takeoff original to send to Mean City and give that a shot.

Glenn

Old 04-13-2012, 07:43 AM
joepole1
4th Gear

I ride an '11 SG and purchased a super reduced seat on ebay. So far I have about 300 miles in the saddle. I'm 5'6" with a 30" inseam. I find the seat comfortable but it definitely makes you feel like you are sitting on the tank. The main problem is that it moves you forward 2 inches. I think 1 inch would be better. Problem is that my wife loves the larger size of the passenger section so.....I plan to pull the cover and cut an inch off the front of the seat back (I hear an electric turkey carver works great) and narrow the seat pan as well. Have heard great things about MCC but I like to DIY. Ride safe.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:15 AM
rebel97
Advanced

I have a reduced reach, not a super reduced reach seat and had it modified even more by mean city cycles. It does move you closer to the tank but I can reach the ground flat footed and have taken trips in excess of 1000 miles (not in one day) with no problems.

Quick Reply: Super reduced reacd seat comfortable?