Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crap !!! Walked off !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 02:39 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Rustell
Harbor Freight...it is what it is. I buy some of their tools knowing they are low quality.If they break...so what. They are throwaways.
I have Craftsman, Snap-On, HF, and other tool brands here--and HF has held up as well as any, maybe better for my non-professional use. What seems to be lost in the discussion is that HF gives a lifetime warranty on all hand tools, including things like torque wrenches, so if one breaks just take it back for another. I've had to replace more Craftsman tools than HF over the years.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:14 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill03E
Spend the money and get a SNAP-ON CYCLE SET tool kit, you can just about disassemble the bike on the side of the road with this kit, it is under $300.00, and it has gotten me out of a pinch several times.https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=380230498642
For $293 ya think this set would have a T27 Torx bit! At least the Craftsman set has a T-27 Torx bit!

Old 03-30-2012, 03:24 PM
205ElectraGlide
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

The tool gremlins got another one - little bastards!

Old 03-30-2012, 04:17 PM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldn't buy anything @ harbor freight go to Sears and buy it!

Old 03-30-2012, 04:24 PM
X Iron Butt
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
I have Craftsman, Snap-On, HF, and other tool brands here--and HF has held up as well as any, maybe better for my non-professional use. What seems to be lost in the discussion is that HF gives a lifetime warranty on all hand tools, including things like torque wrenches, so if one breaks just take it back for another. I've had to replace more Craftsman tools than HF over the years.
I have the same set up. Snap On / Mac / Starret / JCP / HF / and a few Craftsmen. I quit replacing the Craftsmen and Just throw them in the woods out back. I don't buy cheap open end / box wrenches or sockets unless it is a one use item. I have long and short ball allens from HF for under $20 and have never broken or stripped one.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:42 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

try craftsmen , or a local auto parts store

Old 03-30-2012, 06:58 PM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

I've had these for several years and have had no problems with them. They have a lifetime replacement warranty, so if they break you can simply take them back and get a new kit.
Harbor freight has a lifetime warranty? Really? Since when? On what? Wow, that blows my mind.

Originally Posted by BigGdawg
I stopped in the Harbor Freight place here in ATL a few years ago and saw such a bunch of crumby stuff I decided to not return. I know Craftsman is not what it used to be but HF is some penny ante *&^% I wouldn't have.
I've bought some stuf at HF that's lasted decades, other stuff, weeks. I've never had any problems with any hand tools.

I guess that answers my question. Thanks man!

Old 03-30-2012, 07:54 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

I started with HF tools in the early 80's. I have never had a failure and I maintain 7 motorcycles, four cars and two trucks.

My first $19.95 1/2 inch drive impact wrench with two inch arbor is finally getting a little week. I just replaced it with a new 1/2" HF wrench and it was still $19.95 but no included two sided socket. Inflation sucks.

My garage is a show case for HF tools from air compressors, cut off saws, miter saw, worm drive circular saw, every socket set from 1/4" to 3/4 in. Every SAE and metric wrench set in open, boxed or what ever. Tire balancer for the car and one for bikes. Jack stands, floor jacks, bike lifts, drill press, tire changer and on and on.

Like I said never had any failures. My son did have a problem with a floor staple gun when he was installing his hickory flooring. It would fail at about an hour into the job each time. They replaced it and it failed again. They refunded the $.

Here is where I use those wonderful Chinese slave made tools ( or is it prisoners? )

That's the Ultra coming down from a oil cooler install on the BendPak made in China four post lift.

Last edited by lh4x4; 03-30-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:58 PM
EG-2006
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

My money says it's inside your fairing.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can I assume that one of these sizes included with the Harbor Freight set would fit the handlebar fasteners as well?

This is a paste from the set:

Sizes: 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 7/32", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8"

Quick Reply: Crap !!! Walked off !!