Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do you think I will go to jail???

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 08:32 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfikser
I am thinking about wiring in a flashing strobe light (like they put on school buses these days) into my horn switch..Just to help wake up who ever needs to hear the horn....what do you think???will I go to jail for it??? Its legal on school buses....
ok, here is where I got the idea, where I live there are speed cameras all over the place both stationary and movable, and I have noticed that whenever they go off and flash someone for speeding that everyone within eye sight slows down and looks around to see where its coming from...I figured a similar thing on a bike may wake people up....I am not talking about disco ball flashing, just about one/two flashes a second, and I am thinking maybe mount it between the front down tubes facing forward (not that it would matter as the light from a strobe seems to go all over the place)....

Old 03-29-2012, 08:34 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 69cj
Up until now I thought there was no such thing as a stupid question. Took 64 years to find one.
Oh, you have heard plenty of stupid questions i am sure...you just didn't get them!!!!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:37 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfikser
ok, here is where I got the idea, where I live there are speed cameras all over the place both stationary and movable, and I have noticed that whenever they go off and flash someone for speeding that everyone within eye sight slows down and looks around to see where its coming from...I figured a similar thing on a bike may wake people up....I am not talking about disco ball flashing, just about one/two flashes a second, and I am thinking maybe mount it between the front down tubes facing forward (not that it would matter as the light from a strobe seems to go all over the place)....
OMG! Ron White (Tater) is right! YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID! Holy $hit! That means Larry the Cable Guy might be right, too!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

I thought loud pipes save lives.

Seriously, I doubt you'll go to jail, at least not on the first warning. A better solution is a brake light pulsator. I have one on my BMW. It flashes for about 2 seconds when the brake is activated. It's real attention-getting, especially at night.