Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynamic Tire Balancing - but, not Dyna Beads

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 04:33 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,861 Likes on 2,426 Posts
Thumbs up

For completion, this link takes you to Centramatic's website. They introduced their bike balancers in 2009. These devices fit behind each front rotor and a third one on the rear wheel. While they add to unsprung weight, the claims of improved comfort and increased tyre life are worth studying further.

An interesting product! I also like the link between a Peterbilt and a dresser....

Old 02-26-2014, 02:01 PM
bogiediver
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Final Update

At 121,000 miles on my '06 I had the opportunity to pick up a '11 Limited with only 16,000...

This brings to an end this long-term test.

Conclusion - I liked them so much I bought a set for my 'new' ride.

I've posted the update, with wear details, to my review website

www.bogiesreviews.webs.com

Hope this helps someone out there...

Old 02-26-2014, 02:12 PM
Baffler1
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

interesting

Old 02-26-2014, 02:50 PM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks bogie - here goes more $.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:57 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

I use snake oil in my tires, seems to work well.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:12 PM
bogiediver
Cruiser

Originally Posted by KCFLHRC
I use snake oil in my tires, seems to work well.
I understand this - shared by many - myself included until I rode with them installed.
Experienced, personally, the actual additional tire life and the even wear of the tires.

As with most things Harley - each person makes their own decision based on the circumstances as known to them.

For me - spent the money to get 'em again for the new ride...

As always - JMHO

Old 02-26-2014, 07:08 PM
RockerMike
Road Master

bogie, Have you tried dyna beads - if so, can you provide a quick comparison and recommendation of one over the other considering both function and cost?

Thanks. Mike

Old 02-26-2014, 08:07 PM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by RockerMike
bogie, Have you tried dyna beads - if so, can you provide a quick comparison and recommendation of one over the other considering both function and cost?

Thanks. Mike
I don't really think that is part of his agenda.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:21 PM
RockerMike
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lakerat
I don't really think that is part of his agenda.
Based upon this and bogie's other reviews I assumed his only agenda was to offer valuable information to other members. I have made other purchases based upon his reviews and they have turned out to be good purchases. I currently use dyna beads and think they work well; however, if this product works better I think that would be solid information to have.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:56 AM
bogiediver
Cruiser

Those that read the reviews (four in this series), hopefully noticed the review started out with a comparison to Dyna Beads – unfortunately, my buddy hit a 2x4 in the road and punctured both tires before we had any real data to compare (happy to report he controlled the bike and didn’t even go down).

I am simply offering my opinion and experience using this product. I like it enough to buy another set for my new ride because I didn’t feel like swapping them off the old – which could have been done.

Before I installed the Centramatic devices, I had purchased 5 lbs of beads directly from the manufacturer (local to me) for a lot less than the branded version. Then I saw the Centramatic. I simply like the idea of not having to hassle with the beads. I can tell you from firsthand experience – they will make a concrete floor feel like ice if you spill just a small amount – and they are a pain to clean up.

From the initial reactions from my friend and many posters to various websites – the beads do the job. If you don’t ride a lot, then it’s not as big a deal since tires will be changed less often. But riding 15-20,000 a year – it’s simply less hassle for this old guy.

I have no association with the manufacturers or distributors of the products reviewed except to share my experience with their product.

To RockerMike: Thanks – that is exactly why… It is always just my opinion of my experience with the product.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Tire Balancing - but, not Dyna Beads