Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dyna beads suck

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 05:26 PM
berniemc
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default dyna beads suck

I listened o all the hoopla about dyna beads and installed then when I put my new Dunlops on and removed all the weights.As of yesterday I was up to 4 ozs. in front wheel and it still shakes bad at 65 70 mph.Guess I get to tear it all back down and go back to weights.Bummer

Old 03-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You obviously have a problem elsewhere or you didn't do something right. Dynabeads work if they are installed right. You must make sure you don't get a lot of soap lubricate on the inside of the tires. That will make the beads clump together. You also have to make sure the tire seats properly on the rim when inflated. I've been using them over three years now in three different bagger's with good success. Did you mount your own tire's? If not, did you tell the guy and watch him to make sure he didn't get a lot of Lubricate inside the tire? Did the tire beads seat properly on the rim? You can tell by putting the bike on a jack and spinning the tire. Good luck!

Old 03-26-2012, 05:48 PM
mikebaby
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to many people who try them dislike them. I plan on going with them when I mount my new wheel. Is the heaviest part of the tire mounted on the same side as the lightest part of the rim?

mikebaby

Old 03-26-2012, 06:16 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Been running them for 3 years now on 8 tires (6 rear and 2 front) and they have worked perfectly. Sorry they aren't working for you.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:38 PM
TOUR'N
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Dynabeads on a previous bike because I had the rims powder-coated and didn't want them dinged up with wheel weights. I never noticed a difference regarding wobbles, or vibrations. However, every once in awhile I'd get a bead stuck in the valve stem while checking air pressure, even when the stem wasn't in the 6 o'clock position. Anyway, I don't think I'll mess with them again.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:49 PM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Next time try a product called Ride-On. It will balance your tires AND seal a nail hole AND your tires run cooler(longer life).

Old 03-26-2012, 07:57 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAP
Next time try a product called Ride-On. It will balance your tires AND seal a nail hole AND your tires run cooler(longer life).
Been using Dynabead on my rear for over 30K miles. Not a single problem. My indy suggests Ride-On when I replace my front and rear. Will try and report.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:15 PM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 3/4 life crisis
Been using Dynabead on my rear for over 30K miles. Not a single problem. My indy suggests Ride-On when I replace my front and rear. Will try and report.
30,000 miles on a rear tire...That incredible...I hope I get half that many miles out of my rear tire...
paul

Old 03-26-2012, 08:42 PM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RAP
Rap, I am getting ready to reaplace the Dunlops on my Ultra with new ones. My buddy's been using dyna beads for years and swears by them, and he's going to help me mount the tires. Where can I get the Ride-On?Is there a web site?

Old 03-26-2012, 08:45 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasBowhunter
30,000 miles on a rear tire...That incredible...I hope I get half that many miles out of my rear tire...
paul
Just replaced my D407 rear on my 09 with a little over 20k on it. I was real happy with it but probably should've replaced 1 or 2k earlier

Quick Reply: dyna beads suck