Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Light Help --- Can't See !! To Dim

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 02:08 AM
Canedog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Light Help --- Can't See !! To Dim

I got a 07 Street Glide and have added the spot lights and still can't see. The spots at Halgon like the main beam is. The entire system is way to dim for me. It seems like on dim the beam only projects about 40-60 feet. It maybe more but it sure doesn't seem like it. I need more LIGHT. I know the new HID bulbs are brighter but they are 500.00 bucks. Any help out there and anyone else having the same problem. I have a Honda Goldwing 02 model and with running lights and the beam is brigher. It seems like the spots are not doing the job. I have adjusted them all around and it seems nothing works ....... HELP ....... in the dark here in GA.
Dog

Old 12-26-2006, 02:36 AM
The HalfBreed
Road Master
Default RE: Head Light Help --- Can't See !! To Dim

ORIGINAL: Canedog

I have a Honda Goldwing 02 model and with running lights and the beam is brigher.

Seems you've tried all the adjustments possible.......that's weird. However, you can't compare a Wings headlights with those of a Harley.
The Goldwings' Headlights are powerful enough to start a forest fire....

Old 12-26-2006, 07:08 AM
Ben U

I'm sorryI can give you any technicial advice but I've had an 05 Goldwing with running lights too ... now I have an 07 Electra Glide Classic and the difference is minimal. While I won't argue the Goldwing's lights are brighter, the Harley's lights don't leave me in the dark by any means. Something is possible wrong with your setup. Hopefully someone whose dealt with this issue can give youguidance.

Ride safe and ride often.

Old 12-26-2006, 08:01 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

My RK light by itself is plenty bright.I would at least have the voltage at the connector checked.It sounds to me like it must be low.

Old 12-26-2006, 08:47 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,244 Likes on 1,851 Posts

Do the high beam/spot light modification where both stay on at the same time and ride with the high beam, that's what I had to do to mine to be comfortable at night. Of course you need to dim it for oncoming traffic

Old 12-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Canedog

I got a 07 Street Glide and have added the spot lights and still can't see. The spots at Halgon like the main beam is. The entire system is way to dim for me. It seems like on dim the beam only projects about 40-60 feet. It maybe more but it sure doesn't seem like it. I need more LIGHT. I know the new HID bulbs are brighter but they are 500.00 bucks. Any help out there and anyone else having the same problem. I have a Honda Goldwing 02 model and with running lights and the beam is brigher. It seems like the spots are not doing the job. I have adjusted them all around and it seems nothing works ....... HELP ....... in the dark here in GA.
Dog
You could start by putting on some glasses, your font size is as bigas billboard.
There is all kinds of replacement bulbs that you can buy http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...3-9EF69F083707

Old 12-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

One of the first accessories added to my '04 EG were the Harley fog lamps which use 55W bulbs. Here's a link:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

I live in Roswell, GA and ride often at night in N. GA and have found the stock headlamp, passing lamps, and fog lamps provide plenty of light, and they are very useful in the suburban/urban traffic around here during daylight hours as well for cagers to see me.

Old 12-26-2006, 07:25 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: dawg

Do the high beam/spot light modification where both stay on at the same time and ride with the high beam, that's what I had to do to mine to be comfortable at night. Of course you need to dim it for oncoming traffic
That would be my fix for you as well, also have you adjusted the angles of the lights? This can help too. Be careful if you add higher wattage bulbs, things (light housings)can start to melt if you go too much, not to count the load on your electical system.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:47 AM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

Dawg......any and all tips where to find the high beam/spot light mod would be grateful.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:59 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

its easy...been awhile, bear with me...take the lower fairing off that holds the switches....clip the orange wire on the spot switch and run it over to the red wire on the acc switch(just T into it)....somebody correct me but i believe thats how it goes...hardest part is takin the ignition switch off