Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a phone call this morning....

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012 | 11:15 PM
klaybus
|
Stellar HDF Member
Default Got a phone call this morning....

The dealer called me this morning at 9am. "Your bikes ready"! Sweet!! I wasn't expecting it for another week since they had to order the SE Comp after they checked it out while assembling the engine.
After the crank scissored & they got the approval to repair the engine on my ESP, the also checked out the starting issue I was having. The 1st dealer I took it to said it was because of a loose comp bolt. I knew it was bs but there wasn't alot I could do about it.
Picked up the scoot, got about 60 miles on it today & was grinning from ear to ear. $50 & 5.5 weeks later the bike is running great, turning over great, & I'm back on the road! BTW, I also got the "V&H Quiet Baffles" installed today & the bike sounds way better. After installing the V&H Dresser Duals the V&H Hi-Output mufflers were a little bit louder than what I wanted & the installation of the QB's did the trick. Life is good! Now if I could just get a friggin job!
FWIW, the ESP worked for me with a Stage 1 installed & 255 cams....

Old 03-24-2012 | 11:59 PM
7Sixpack7
Tourer

Shweet! Let's ride!

Old 03-25-2012 | 02:37 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

You don't need a job; you got a Harley!

Oh wait...maybe you do.

I had a similar issue last October. Had to have my motor torn down completely, because the factory did not seal the cases correctly. After getting ESP approval, I Thought it would take a pretty long time, and because it was just a weep, I considered not even getting it done, but they called me 4 days later on Halloween & said "your bike's ready". That was an unplanned for surprise. Dealer is walking distance, so I went & got it. I must admit I was afraid to ride it for the first few times,just in case the tech left out a part, or it started leaking again. In fact only put 160 miles on it since last October. So I was a little nervous about taking it to Daytona last week (about 170 miles each way) but I took it & it performed flawlessly & not a drop of earl anywhere!

Can I ask--how did you scissor your crank, & what were the symptoms?

Old 03-25-2012 | 05:30 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor

Glad to hear the Happy outcome..Go put some miles on her..

Old 03-25-2012 | 08:37 AM
klaybus
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by dickey
You don't need a job; you got a Harley!

Oh wait...maybe you do.

I had a similar issue last October. Had to have my motor torn down completely, because the factory did not seal the cases correctly. After getting ESP approval, I Thought it would take a pretty long time, and because it was just a weep, I considered not even getting it done, but they called me 4 days later on Halloween & said "your bike's ready". That was an unplanned for surprise. Dealer is walking distance, so I went & got it. I must admit I was afraid to ride it for the first few times,just in case the tech left out a part, or it started leaking again. In fact only put 160 miles on it since last October. So I was a little nervous about taking it to Daytona last week (about 170 miles each way) but I took it & it performed flawlessly & not a drop of earl anywhere!

Can I ask--how did you scissor your crank, & what were the symptoms?
Dickey~ I was literally just cruising down the hwy at about 55 in 5th gear & the top end started rattling like hell. While cruising it (the crank) literally just let loose & took out the oil pump. The rattling was due to no oil pressure. I imediately shut it down, towed it home & then to the dealer. When they tore it down they told me the crank was out 60 thousandths...Enough said! Crank literally fell apart inside the cases. New crank, new comp, & the QB's installed & it's like a new bike....

Old 03-25-2012 | 08:55 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member

Great news! Have fun out there crusing!

Old 03-25-2012 | 10:36 AM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior

we havn't heard a good scissor story in a while.

Old 03-25-2012 | 11:10 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Those are the kind of phone calls that are great to get!

Old 03-25-2012 | 11:43 AM
klaybus
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
Those are the kind of phone calls that are great to get!
It was the best phone call I've gotten in a while. It was a helluva week 6 weeks ago. Bike died on a Sunday, & then got laid off the following Friday. I'm hoping the worm is finally starting to turn. I've got my bike back & is better than ever. Now I've just gotta get back to work & all will be well in my world again.

Old 03-25-2012 | 12:58 PM
reefrider
Road Master

Congrats for getting back on the road Klay. Looks like one more day of sun so make the most of it.
RR