Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap tourpack? anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012 | 09:33 PM
MegaFauna
|
Cruiser
Default Cheap tourpack? anyone?

Would anyone buy this? doesnt look too awful... Any experience with cheap ebay stuff???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-TOUR-T...7ba7c8&vxp=mtr

Old 03-24-2012 | 09:40 PM
brockstwrt
Tourer

Get what you pay for in my humble opinion. I always regret it when I try to save a buck. The Harley tour pak looks like it belongs on my bike and matches perfect fwiw.

Old 03-24-2012 | 09:40 PM
piesik650
Road Warrior

depends on if you plan on using it all the time. or just when you need it. and I think you still will need the docking hardware.

Old 03-24-2012 | 09:41 PM
piesik650
Road Warrior

and you have a cop bike so it might fit the build and not look to out of place.

Old 03-24-2012 | 09:49 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

If you search using the term "Mutazu" you'll find dozens of happy owners here, myself included.

You can also go to Mutazu's website for additional options/colors.

Carl

PS: There are a couple of vendors of nearly identical tour paks to the one listed on ebay. The Mutazu include a stick on "VIP" emblem that's easily removeable. I have the Mutazu version; don't know about the Ebay listing.

Old 03-24-2012 | 10:27 PM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior

I would need custom paint and I'm not ready to take a shortcut/gamble with what I already have invested(flushed), a black older bike and maybe

Old 03-24-2012 | 11:37 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior

I had one of these on a previous bike. They are much smaller than an HD tourpak and are quite flimsy. The hinges are plastic and everyone I know who has had one has had the latch break at some point, including me. You get what you pay for applies here. These tourpaks just scream "el cheapo", in my opinion.

I ended up getting rid of mine and replaced it with a larger, fiberglass tourpak.

Old 03-25-2012 | 03:09 AM
bcane98
Road Captain

Friend of mine has one... he put it on his Street Glide. He did not care about looks or style and it suited his purposes. It's not bad quality either.

Old 03-25-2012 | 09:48 AM
TooEasy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MegaFauna
Would anyone buy this? doesnt look too awful... Any experience with cheap ebay stuff???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-TOUR-T...7ba7c8&vxp=mtr
I have one of those. Matter of fact, I have three tourpacks, two OEM and that one from ebay, which I use most of the time. It is significantly smaller than the OEM, but it also weighs about 1/3 of the large one. Since I use quick disconnects, I have that one mounted to the docking hardware and its the most handy thing you can imagine. Once its color matched, it looks very good. They come with two cushions, the wrap-around kind like the tourpack and a small one. I only use the small one.

The OEM tourpack is really good on trips, but on a day to day basis, the ebay one is a lot handier and practical. MHO.

Regards,

Last edited by TooEasy; 03-25-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-25-2012 | 10:04 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by brockstwrt
Get what you pay for in my humble opinion. I always regret it when I try to save a buck. The Harley tour pak looks like it belongs on my bike and matches perfect fwiw.

Quick Reply: Cheap tourpack? anyone?