Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision & NON Experienced

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012 | 09:02 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lionsm13
You would think that they would as big as an area as you live in?
Yes, and you have no idea how much I have heard that same statement in the past week, lol.

Old 03-24-2012 | 10:06 PM
outlawjess
Advanced

Originally Posted by chainsaw123
OK, I just got my power vision unit from Fuel Moto. I am still waiting on my Wild Pig slipons to arrive. I spoke to fuel moto and had Jamie pre-load 3 different maps for my 3 scenarios I will be using. I already have the fuel moto stage 1 intake installed on the bike.

My 3 different scenarios are as follows and in order of what I will be running.

1. wild pigs, stock headers with cat
2. wild pigs, stock header decatted
3. wild pigs, jackpot headers

I am super apprehensive about doing the power vision download after I get the pigs on. The power vision came with zero instructions. I have no problem doing the slipon swapout but am really intimidated about the fuel map.

I have watched the FM video about the download process but it just didnt seem to put me at ease.

Any advice or tips to help me get over this uneasiness I have and instill some confidence in what I will be doing in the next week or two?

Please help a first time fuel injected bike owner who is a bit shakey on messing with my brand new ride!!!!!

Oh, it is a 2012 street glide with 550 miles on it. yes, 550 miles. HELP!!!

i put the a/n cleaner and 4 rineharts used map in the power vision run like a dream..

Old 03-24-2012 | 10:38 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
Looks like that is the route I am going. Just found out Dynojet will unlock the PV, so mine will be for sale soon and the new owner can handle the fee to dynojet. Great device for just a stage 1, my bike ran great that way, but as I posted in another thread, "for me" when going to do cams, I don't want to leave any power on the table. Waiting to hear back from Doc and I will take it from there.
Let me know when you decide to get rid of your PV. I am looking for one for my brother. The unlock is 200.00 though...I just did it when I got a new bike...

Old 03-24-2012 | 11:51 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

OK, I just got my power vision unit from Fuel Moto. I am still waiting on my Wild Pig slipons to arrive. I spoke to fuel moto and had Jamie pre-load 3 different maps for my 3 scenarios I will be using. I already have the fuel moto stage 1 intake installed on the bike.

My 3 different scenarios are as follows and in order of what I will be running.

1. wild pigs, stock headers with cat
2. wild pigs, stock header decatted
3. wild pigs, jackpot headers

I am super apprehensive about doing the power vision download after I get the pigs on. The power vision came with zero instructions. I have no problem doing the slipon swapout but am really intimidated about the fuel map.

I have watched the FM video about the download process but it just didnt seem to put me at ease.

Any advice or tips to help me get over this uneasiness I have and instill some confidence in what I will be doing in the next week or two?

Please help a first time fuel injected bike owner who is a bit shakey on messing with my brand new ride!!!!!

Oh, it is a 2012 street glide with 550 miles on it. yes, 550 miles. HELP!!!
Dont panic. I was in the same situation as you, no experience. Its super easy. Even reading the directions is making it harder than it has to be.
1. Connect the PV (remove the lf saddlebag and side cover. Connector is right there)
2. Turn on ign switch and kill switch on handle bar. PV will turn on
3. select load tune
4. select get tune from "custom tunes" Thats where Jamie loaded your MAPs.
5. Select the map you want to use and load it.
6. the first time it will ask to "marry" to your bike and save original tune . Say yes.
7. after it loads the tune it will ask you to turn off bike for 10 sec.

Your done, it will take a couple minutes. Dont panic.

If your still worried do it during business hours and have the saddlebags and side cover off and call Fuel Moto and they will talk you through it

Old 03-25-2012 | 08:40 AM
chainsaw123
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by XARAN
Dont panic. I was in the same situation as you, no experience. Its super easy. Even reading the directions is making it harder than it has to be.
1. Connect the PV (remove the lf saddlebag and side cover. Connector is right there)
2. Turn on ign switch and kill switch on handle bar. PV will turn on
3. select load tune
4. select get tune from "custom tunes" Thats where Jamie loaded your MAPs.
5. Select the map you want to use and load it.
6. the first time it will ask to "marry" to your bike and save original tune . Say yes.
7. after it loads the tune it will ask you to turn off bike for 10 sec.

Your done, it will take a couple minutes. Dont panic.

If your still worried do it during business hours and have the saddlebags and side cover off and call Fuel Moto and they will talk you through it

serious? thats it? Thanks for the walk through. Just doesnt seem like anything is that easy that makes such a huge change on these bikes. Seems like everything you try to get done to the bikes requires removal of several layers of things your not changing just to get to wat you do want to change/modify.

thanks for the support.

Old 03-25-2012 | 09:24 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior

serious? thats it? Thanks for the walk through. Just doesnt seem like anything is that easy that makes such a huge change on these bikes. Seems like everything you try to get done to the bikes requires removal of several layers of things your not changing just to get to wat you do want to change/modify.

thanks for the support.

I did mine in the dealer service drive isle. It took about 1 minute. You plug it in and:
You have to agree to the "off road use" screen.
Then it asks you to marry itself to the bike....yes
Then that is when it copies the stock tune and "marries" to the bike
Then you follow the steps that are on Fuel Moto's video.....

I was nervous about loading a tune too...it's easy. If you are doing a simple stage 1 with A/C, and full exhaust, Jamie's MAPs are usually within 90%-98% of a full dyno tune.

Old 03-25-2012 | 06:20 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

I just put on V&H dresser duals, FM air cleaner, and Power Vision. I was a little apprehensive also. Andy Yes, it is that easy. As much time as it took me to put on new apes, wiring, cables, new exhaust, new air cleaner, I couldn't believe that the tuner was so easy. I rode the bike today for the first time.... WOW.. I did get a little popping on down throttle, but not bad at all. I'm sure Jamie will help me tweak it a little. Over all, I love it.

Old 03-28-2012 | 09:20 PM
chainsaw123
|
Tourer

OK, so I got my wild pig mufflers in and must say that they look GREAT. Nice looking chrome.

I am going to go ahead and gut my cat this weekend and will be able to put it all back together next weekend. I will probably start another thread for newbies like me on a step by step how to.

wish me luck especially with the power vision part of it. I cannot wait to hear the bike come alive and hopefully realize at least a little bit of performance gain.