Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brightass tail light or custom dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 09:22 AM
JoeN
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brightass tail light or custom dynamics

looking to upgrade the tail light to a bright modulating brake light. bright *** tail light is about $200, and custom dynamics tail light and modulator cost about the same. which one gives the biggest bang for the buck? which one is brighter?

what do you think, and what are you using? i have no other leds on the bike, but i want my *** end to stand out, especially when braking. i am not into having numerous lights all over the place.

thanks
joe

Old 03-23-2012, 09:31 AM
SBW Cycles
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Custom Dynamics laydown smoked LED tail light, their red LED inserts for the turn signls, run/brake module (with flasher), and have my rear running operating as a brake light and believe you me no one should be able to miss it. Lights up the back nicely.

For the price of the above set up you can buy one BAL!

Old 03-23-2012, 09:32 AM
tpcrawford
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I have the BAL-1 from Bright *** Lights. It's extremely bright, even in daylight. Everyone that rides behind me notices it.

Both companies make quality products. I own stuff from both. I went with the BAL-1 because it's a spot on match for the OEM part. No one would know it has been replaced ... until I put on my brakes !!

You won't be disappointed with either company's product.

-Tim

Old 03-23-2012, 09:34 AM
pjciii
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have run the BAL on 2 bikes. wouldnt be without it. it is the best brake light out there. all others are cheap imitations. it may not be the lowest cost but when you figure in the warrenty its the best. it's your butt out there and you have about 26 different flashing patterns and 3 or 4 intensity levels that you can set.
patrick

Old 03-23-2012, 10:16 AM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The custom dynamics and BAL are both great companies and products. I have products from both and you really can't go wrong either way. Customer service and feedback from each company is fantastic. I went with the BAL-2 for my brakelight and am Very very pleased I did. For the best 'bang' the BAL-2 is definitely it. There is no other taillight even remotely close to being this bright.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

I have Brightass taillight and custom dynamics turn signals, best of both worlds.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:32 AM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm running the BAL-1 and I've been told by a lot of riders that there's no chance of missing me. Best money spent on safety!!

Old 03-23-2012, 10:43 AM
boom23
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Custom Dymamics tailight and brake/turn signals and they are super bright. They really stand out. There is no way that someone will not see them, unless of course he/she is not paying attention...

I bought everything, including equalizer, at a show for close to the BAL-3 alone...

Last edited by boom23; 03-23-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:29 AM
hog.ryder
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the Custom Dynamics light first, then saw a display with the BrightAssLight. I now own a BrightAssLight, no other light compares in my opinion.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:30 AM
QSRYDR
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the BAL-3S on my Street Glide, very good quality product.

I would have no problem spending the money for another one.

Quick Reply: brightass tail light or custom dynamics