Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really wish I'd have bought a street glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 10:39 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Really wish I'd have bought a street glide

Jeesh, this ol Marine was just kiddin...You got me though, never thought the friend would be a split tail ..no offense was meant, Semper-Fi....

Old 12-28-2006, 12:35 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 219 Likes on 137 Posts

Had a 93 FXDL. Best thing to do is a T-bag, cause you can use it as a backrest, and don't have to relocate the turn signals, etc. Having a backrest and being able to get your feet up higher is good too, but you could probably find some moustache bars that would fit better than an engine guard and cost less. Then, if you want a windshield, look for something you can easily detach. Bigger is not necessarily better, as the camber of the shield is what really counts. Stealth edging ( Saeng TA ) may help alot with a smaller shield. Bigger ones on the longer dyna frontends can cause fatigue.You may want to look at a luggage rack if you don't have one in case you and your "friend" want to go somewhere two up, you can just put the t-bag onto the rack.

Reason is when you are done tripping, you'll want to be stripping, and saddlebag mounts, windshield hardware, etc, are a pain to r&r every time you want to jet. Loved the dyna, 22K in 2 years on it. went everywhere. Baggers are for middle aged guys with lower back pain and pot bellies. Patience and safe riding will eventually get you there. But every time you do a pub crawl, you will miss that dyna terribly. I know I still do.

Stretch - 03 FLHRCI

Old 12-28-2006, 05:37 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a 99 wide glide. Made the mistake of riding an ultra. Never looked back. There is notjing like a bagger. You can customize them and have both a cool looking and great riding bike!!

Old 12-28-2006, 12:58 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Took my 99 WG to Sturgis twice. 3900 miles, 9 days, 7 states with 16in Apehangers and loved every bit of it. I wanted this bike since I was 10 yrs old and finally did it. Dont regret buying it but sure do LOVE my Electra Glide.
Only bike I would look at in any showroom was the EG models for 2 straight years. Should I do it or not?

Pulled the trigger and have not looked back one bit.

6 hours in the saddle of a WG is not uncommon, that is a normal ride on the weekends for us around here. But one day you may want to change and there is absolutly nothing wrong with that.