Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really wish I'd have bought a street glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 10:31 PM
E DOGG
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Really wish I'd have bought a street glide

just send your clothes via mail . that way you don't need a bagger.

JUST RIDE !!!!

Old 12-25-2006, 10:34 PM
E DOGG
Road Master

wait a minute!!! you won't NEED Clothes!!
your seeing JESSICA!

Old 12-25-2006, 10:58 PM
Towpro
Banned

LAWMAN:

I gotta admit, I miss two things.....the pretty blue paint & the response that she had when I turned the wick up on it. From the start the bike seemed a lil more powerful than most, for whatever reason. I put a Mikuni 42 on it, did the big bore kit w/Vance & Hines Big Shots & a race ignition from Zippers Performance. Man she would get up & go, even the mechanic who did the work was like WOW....he was amazed to it seemed....LOL...
Everything just was flowing right on I guess, all in tune.

I love the ride & comfort of the SG, the bags & fairing, doing 300 plus miles on a Saturday 2-up.

p.s. In reference to the color blue.....my brother-n-law is a custom painter & brought me some paint charts home this week-end.....my black SG might be blue when springtime returns.......

Old 12-25-2006, 11:55 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had an 04 Dyna Super Glide sport, great bike. Went on a bunch of longer rides Sturgis plus a few others. Put gell in the seat ...just a tough ride over 300-350 miles. I now own a 07 SG best thing I ever did. Took a $3,000 hit to get the new one....no regrets If you can swing it, go for it. If you are already leaning that way, you won't be happy till you pull the trigger on the new oneGood luck with your decision.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:06 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Glad you found a woman worth riding 6 hours to see.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:35 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Pretty rare these days huh !

Old 12-26-2006, 02:05 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: jmacdonald5

Dude....you "desperately" want to visit your friend?? Never heard it put that way before....did you just finish watchin "Broke Back Mountain" or somethin?
I have 2 friends that I'd like to "Desperately"visit that live in Utah and I'm inSouth Texas. I plan on ridding out in the spring to do just that. It has only been 2 months since I have seen them but I do miss the day to day interaction and chats. We shared so much with each other.

Now with the your "Broke Back Mountain" comment I have to step back and question my Manhood! WoW how could I have been so wrong in my relationships.

The Last 12 months in IRAQ did not seem Gay at all...But I guess you must know better..

Dude...you need to understand what friendship is about..

Old 12-26-2006, 03:39 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Man, if you can't ride six hours on a WideGlide you need to start working out. I go from central Texas to Utah and all over the west on a 96 Softail Custom. Put some highway pegs on so you can change your position every now and then and a windshield if you must, but for six hours you don't really need to change anything. Try that six hour ride you will like it. Good luck.

Old 12-26-2006, 04:10 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, I never said I couldn't do it. Just that I haven't, and was a little concerned about all day comfort. Besides, I really like the Street Glide and what better reason to want one than to tell your self you need one ?

Old 12-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You definitely do not "need" a Street Glide for a 6 hour ride. Of course, none of us "need" a Harley either.

Like everyone else has mentioned, put a windshield on the WG and use some throw over saddlebags, reverse your T-Bag and use it as a backrest. I never bothered with highway pegs on my '88 FXRS since I converted it over to forward controls and I rodeto Texas from Virginia, 2-up, in two days on the FXR.

If you do decide to go with a windshield, I suggest this Harley shield (Part No. 58387-06). While the Harley shield may cost a little more, this particular one does not leave any hardware on your forks. I put one on my wife's Softail before we rode to Florida and she had no problems with the shield the entire time.

Quick Reply: Really wish I'd have bought a street glide