Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really wish I'd have bought a street glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 06:33 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts
Default RE: Really wish I'd have bought a street glide

My first HD was a Fat Boy, Second Was a Wide Glide and now a RG... I REALLY liked my Wide Glide - I ride two up a lot and found the RG just worked better - I rode my WG for 4 years all over the western states with the wife on the back... I Highly reccommend the saddle bags from this co http://www.heritagesaddlebag.com/cdn%20pricelist.html they are not cheap by any means but after 4 years, the bags still looked new and they are large enough to carry a lot... and you can get the quick disconnect brackets and you can run around town and still look Cool...in addition, the wife and I got a small roll bag for the luggage rack and both of use did that for several years before moving up to the RG... I also had a Corbin seat which helped a lot for the long rides... Check out Wild1's #513 bars... they work GREAT with the WG... You have a Great bike and it will work just fine for you = esp if you ride alone...

For this WG - I went with the Windvest - worked very well and looked really nice

http://www.windvest.com/

[IMG]local://upfiles/4532/5A688299FE77461BA3EE764B50F08020.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-25-2006, 07:15 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude....you "desperately" want to visit your friend?? Never heard it put that way before....did you just finish watchin "Broke Back Mountain" or somethin?

Old 12-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He didn't say his friend was a guy. Could be a lady friend and if so, I could understand the "desperate" part

Old 12-25-2006, 07:26 PM
ldr999
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

do this and all free and nearly free adds (craigs list)--you never know, you mayget what you need/looking for.

I know from experience---bought a Dyna in August went to get some parts in Sep, left with a SG--did not want the Dyna it made no sense to me to put money into something I did not want.

Now the SG is beginning to look like a SG-EGC

ORIGINAL: fishafly

Forget tradin'... List it on Ebay... Set a reserve you are willing to live with...If it doesn't meet that reserve, you haven't lost a thing... Ya never know... Happy Holidays...

Old 12-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Towpro
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jmacdonald5

Dude....you "desperately" want to visit your friend?? Never heard it put that way before....did you just finish watchin "Broke Back Mountain" or somethin?
That was a lil uncalled for, dontcha think........????

Old 12-25-2006, 08:42 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for "***-u-me"ing man. My friend's name happens to be Jessica ![sm=GrowUp.gif]
ORIGINAL: jmacdonald5

Old 12-25-2006, 08:42 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

You already have the passenger backrest. Buy a T-bag. Put it on the passenger seat and you've got a nice long distance backrest. The T-bags will hold as much or more than a Tour-Pak, andit still looks "Cool".

The old days are over. You will take a brutal hit on trade or sale this early, just like with any other vehicle. My buddy has an 06' Heritage Softail Classic with 1,200 miles on it. He lost interest and wants to sell. I would like to buy it for my wife (she's on a Sportster now), but I feel bad because the reality is its worth LESS than what he owes on it by a long shot. A new FLSTC is (MSRP) $19,070 with two-tone, security, and freight, and some dealers are discounting $1,000 off MSRP.

He owes right around 18,000. No matter how you work it, you will lose.

Ride and Enjoy !!!! It looks like a nice bike.

Old 12-25-2006, 08:53 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a T-Bag expandable that I know could handle enough of most of the things I'd need for a weekender. I am more concerned about all weekend comfort, like wind blast, arm fatigue, etc. The longest I've ridden now has just been a few hours at a time and I have been fine. I was never too keen on the idea of a windshield on a naked bike like mine. What size was the wind vest you put on the WG ? I suppose to ride long distance, a quick de-tatch would be fine. I know unless I'd be able to find a buyer for mine, a new bike is out of the question, I just figured I throw that out for something to talk about. Trust me, I'll make do with what I have until the time comes for me to buy the bagger. Thanks for all the replies everyone !(almost)

Old 12-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Towpro
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first H-D was an '04 Wide Glide, 2-tone blue, 95" motor, loud & proud.....put 20,000 miles on her in 2-1/2 riding seasons. When I bought it, I had no clue as to what kinda riding I would be doing....well as you can tell, I rode it often....LOL

Yeah, you can add the windshield, throw over bags, etc.......but, the comfort & ride on a touring machine is 2nd to none, IMO......

I sold my WG to the dealer, who had someone wanting it that same day & I came out of it in good shape.
But don't let the fact of not having SG hold ya back bro.....ride the WG as far & as long as ya need to. Try to sell it on the street, not as a trade-in, if ya sell it for whatcha want, no harm done & go buy the SG......everybody has a opinion don't they.....good luck & tell Jessica I said hello.......

Old 12-25-2006, 10:09 PM
LAWMAN
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dayum Tow that is a sweet Wide Glide! Before I bought my Road KingI went into Raleigh and test rode all the Harleys. I really liked the Wide Glide. It felt great and I loved the look. However, I knew I was going to do a lot oftouring so I bought the KING. If I ever get a second bike to have it will be the Wide Glide!Do you have any regrets for selling her?

ORIGINAL: Towpro

My first H-D was an '04 Wide Glide, 2-tone blue, 95" motor, loud & proud.....put 20,000 miles on her in 2-1/2 riding seasons. When I bought it, I had no clue as to what kinda riding I would be doing....well as you can tell, I rode it often....LOL

Yeah, you can add the windshield, throw over bags, etc.......but, the comfort & ride on a touring machine is 2nd to none, IMO......

I sold my WG to the dealer, who had someone wanting it that same day & I came out of it in good shape.
But don't let the fact of not having SG hold ya back bro.....ride the WG as far & as long as ya need to. Try to sell it on the street, not as a trade-in, if ya sell it for whatcha want, no harm done & go buy the SG......everybody has a opinion don't they.....good luck & tell Jessica I said hello.......

Quick Reply: Really wish I'd have bought a street glide