Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Andrews 54H...happy boy

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 08:03 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Certainly not a apples/apples comparison, but here is a chart of my 103"/54H build. I do have .030 hg/mild port blending. I also have a V&H 2-1 pro pipe and 1.725 rocker arms (SE springs). The pro pipe really pushes the TQ to the left and the rockers carry it out a bit further to the right. Not a high numbers demon but it is basically making 100 ft-lb TQ under 2500rpm. 6th gear has become much more useful...

Attached Thumbnails Andrews 54H...happy boy-mvc-005f.jpg  
Old 03-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya know, I didn't think to ask him what gear....I just assumed 4th since that's what "everyone" uses.

Yes, 6th gear is far more usefull, but I also don't feel the need to go to it until 70....but that's just because I love the feel of the bike at about 3000 rpm.

Here's the dyno sheet. I do wish it had AFR's listed as well. Might take it somewhere else to do another dyno run just to see what it comes out with.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:36 PM
uscanuck
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Gruamach
Here's the dyno sheet. I do wish it had AFR's listed as well. Might take it somewhere else to do another dyno run just to see what it comes out with.
Just ask your tuner for another print out showing AFR. He should still have it available.
If you are really that interested in another dynotune there is C&S Speed Shop in Alorton, IL or Jim Kennedy in Mattoon.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:50 PM
jamesw
Road Warrior
Received 736 Likes on 275 Posts

I'm also pretty happy with the 54 in my 95CI. If you ask the tuner for the actual .drf file, you can download the viewing software for free and see the data graphed however you want.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:45 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Weird sheet

That is a weird graph you notice how 80 hp is on the same level as 100tq? Look at jamesw's graph and see how its graphed and see how the lines cross at 5250 rpm, that is how most every dj dyno sheet I have seen looks. As usacanuck stated no afr line either. Maybe someone that has seen more sheets can comment on what the deal is with Gruamachs sheet

Old 03-23-2012, 06:39 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by qtrracer
That is a weird graph you notice how 80 hp is on the same level as 100tq? Look at jamesw's graph and see how its graphed and see how the lines cross at 5250 rpm, that is how most every dj dyno sheet I have seen looks. As usacanuck stated no afr line either. Maybe someone that has seen more sheets can comment on what the deal is with Gruamachs sheet
it is no big deal they just have different scaling checked when they did the chart. If he goes back to the dyno tech and asks him to check the forced scaling it will print out with the tq and hp being = I think sometimes they do that so the peaks on the hp and tq look similar instead of high tq low hp

Old 03-23-2012, 06:46 PM
FL-kruzen
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Did you install?

Old 03-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did I install what?
The cam kit?
Yea.....nothing complicated. A lot easier than assembling a whole motor, which I've done.

And no, the cams aren't out of time. I know that because I started to assemble it out of time & had to pull the craddle back out when I realized what I was doing.
at that point I checked every step multiple times as I went. As good of an install as any dealership would/could do.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:10 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by qtrracer
Yup, you're right, I didn't notice that at first, but I've NEVER seen a dyno sheet with the torque and HP curve not meet at 5250. And maybe it's a matter of scaling as the guy below you posted, but between his chart, and the numbers he ended up with it would make me skeptical.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:55 PM
tbills66
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen many graphs like this where the scaling is changed. What gets me is even with the smoothing on 5, it is still awful "jagged". The hp also drops at 5k and then comes back up at 5800. Would like to see it is AFR or maybe an ignition issue.

Quick Reply: Andrews 54H...happy boy