Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone NOT like their C&C seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012 | 11:50 AM
equandt
|
Road Warrior
Default Does anyone NOT like their C&C seat

I've been researching seats for my 2010 Ultra for a while now. I looked at the Sundowner, Mustang Super Tour and the C&C Tour Special. I know the C&C will be the most firm of all the seats. Has anyone said "Ouch! this is too firm". What about your passenger? I want my girlfriend to be happy back there as well.

I'm looking at the C&C Tour Special with the backrest.

I typically run 300 mile days when I ride, stopping for gas every 2 hours or so and put on 6,000 to 7,000 miles a year.

I know the C&C quality and service are top notch so I have no concerns with that.

Thanks for the info.

Old 03-21-2012 | 11:56 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member

Nope!

Old 03-21-2012 | 12:37 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

I do remember one guy that posts that he could only do a couple hundred miles before he got sore. He was thrilled with the Quality & Customer service, just the seat wasnt comfortable for him. Guess you can't make EVERYONE happy... the rest of us seem to love ours!

Old 03-21-2012 | 01:01 PM
dstrat1
Cruiser

love mine

Attached Thumbnails Does anyone NOT like their C&C seat-527.jpg  
Old 03-21-2012 | 01:07 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

My only complaint is that I don't get to sit on mine enough. Dang work gets in the way!

Old 03-21-2012 | 01:09 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member

Like mine too - a solo w/backrest and passenger pillion.
If I had it to do over I would opt out of any gel or stitching. The gel holds heat after sitting in the sun and the stitching makes for an itchy butt. My sheepskin takes care of both issues, though.

Old 03-21-2012 | 01:20 PM
Nut08Ultra
Tourer

Originally Posted by equandt
I've been researching seats for my 2010 Ultra for a while now. I looked at the Sundowner, Mustang Super Tour and the C&C Tour Special. I know the C&C will be the most firm of all the seats. Has anyone said "Ouch! this is too firm". What about your passenger? I want my girlfriend to be happy back there as well.

I'm looking at the C&C Tour Special with the backrest.

I typically run 300 mile days when I ride, stopping for gas every 2 hours or so and put on 6,000 to 7,000 miles a year.

I know the C&C quality and service are top notch so I have no concerns with that.

Thanks for the info.
You are lookin at the same seats I did. I'm going C&C. I don't want the huge mustang even though I know it will be comfy... unless they change something. I want to go down and back, not just back so the C&C gives that. I heard the sundowner is too close to stock setup but those who wanted that find it better then say a stock SG seat.

I chose to get the C&C sporttour. I don't ride much two up. Unless the C&C guys change my mind about it when I call.. then Id do the tour special too. Same riders area, just more for the passenger.

I tried to search for all kinds of comments and even PM'd guys. It was like 95% positive. The few that were no's, didn't ride long either so it may never broke in. Some people just like softer. I like Mustang, and I am sure that is softer then this, but this is not corbin hard either.. even the guys at C&C told me that. I'm willing to give it a shot. Sometimes I think softer gets too soft and thats where the monkey butt comes in too.

Old 03-21-2012 | 08:25 PM
Glen1978
Road Captain

I like mine.....just got a Sport Tour in leather. Rode about 600-700 miles this past week from Thursday-Sunday. Granted its not broke in yet but I did get a little saddle sore towards the end of gas tanks. There customer service is top notch and there seats are beautiful. I tell you how good the guys are. I got the back rest with mine and went to put it on and it wouldnt go down all the way. I had to get pretty violent with it to get it to go all the way down. Well I got it down but then it didnt wana come out. I had to put one knee on passenger area and other knee on driver area and pull pretty damn hard. When I got it pulled out it had somehow ripped the seat about 1/2" on the right side of the backrest hole. Called C&C and they said send us a couple pics. I did that I called them back. They said they had never seen anything like that happen but send it back and they will fix it. Cant beat that.

Old 03-21-2012 | 09:16 PM
brandss
Road Captain
Old 03-22-2012 | 10:03 AM
equandt
|
Road Warrior

Thanks for the replies. Looks like a C&C is a good way to go.

Quick Reply: Does anyone NOT like their C&C seat