Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone NOT like their C&C seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018 | 03:15 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Old 10-08-2018 | 01:10 AM
Tri-J
Cruiser
Veteran: Air Force

Stock seat-no way.
LePera Outcast DDL-got close.
Mustang Wide Tripper Solo-loved it, but didn't set me back far enough.

C&C Fastback- double stitch diamond, Shark, 3" back from stock-my butt is cradled in happiness and joy!!!

!

Last edited by Tri-J; 10-08-2018 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-08-2018 | 08:15 AM
RCCola45
Cruiser

Love mine … the thing I love about C&C is they have every imaginable texture, color and stitching that you would want. Price is fair when compared to other top end seats. Customer service is top notch.

Old 10-13-2018 | 09:10 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member

Sorry for the thread drift...

How does the C&C compare to a Corbin Classic/Solo in terms of quality and seating position?

Old 10-13-2018 | 08:41 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tri-J
Stock seat-no way.
LePera Outcast DDL-got close.
Mustang Wide Tripper Solo-loved it, but didn't set me back far enough.

C&C Fastback- double stitch diamond, Shark, 3" back from stock-my butt is cradled in happiness and joy!!!

!
I've had a C&C Sport Tour and a Solo on previous bikes. Nothing wrong with them other than I want to sit lower and back farther. Would the LePera DLL do that?

Old 10-13-2018 | 10:12 PM
Tri-J
Cruiser

The LePera DDL only goes back 2", you can order the C&C to go back 3".

Old 10-14-2018 | 07:45 AM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tri-J
The LePera DDL only goes back 2", you can order the C&C to go back 3".
Did the DLL sit you lower than the C&C?

Old 10-14-2018 | 02:42 PM
BB.No8
Tourer
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by equandt
I've been researching seats for my 2010 Ultra for a while now. I looked at the Sundowner, Mustang Super Tour and the C&C Tour Special. I know the C&C will be the most firm of all the seats. Has anyone said "Ouch! this is too firm". What about your passenger? I want my girlfriend to be happy back there as well.

I'm looking at the C&C Tour Special with the backrest.

I typically run 300 mile days when I ride, stopping for gas every 2 hours or so and put on 6,000 to 7,000 miles a year.

I know the C&C quality and service are top notch so I have no concerns with that.

Thanks for the info.
I have a C&C seat on my 05 Road King, it now has close to 90K miles on it and it still doesn't show any wear on it. It is the best seat I've ever had. 11 years ago when I first bought my bike, 2 Friends of mine and I rode up to C&C on a Saturday morning and talked with the owner. He let me put one of his seats on my bike and take it for a ride. I was also concerned that it would be too firm for me to ride long distances, but what I learned was that it is the shape of the seat and how it supports your lower back that is most important, not how soft it is. I have done many 500-800 mile days on this seat over the years. Just an FYI, the seat material will break in with use and soften up slightly, or you can have a jell insert installed if you wish. I've attached a old photo of the 1st long distance ride I made when I originally put the seat on the Bike, and a Photo of the seat this morning as we speak. The seat still has the blue stitching I had C&C make up to match the color of my bike.

Old 10-14-2018 | 02:45 PM
BB.No8
Tourer
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by BB.No8
I have a C&C seat on my 05 Road King, it now has close to 90K miles on it and it still doesn't show any wear on it. It is the best seat I've ever had. 11 years ago when I first bought my bike, 2 Friends of mine and I rode up to C&C on a Saturday morning and talked with the owner. He let me put one of his seats on my bike and take it for a ride. I was also concerned that it would be too firm for me to ride long distances, but what I learned was that it is the shape of the seat and how it supports your lower back that is most important, not how soft it is. I have done many 500-800 mile days on this seat over the years. Just an FYI, the seat material will break in with use and soften up slightly, or you can have a jell insert installed if you wish. I've attached a old photo of the 1st long distance ride I made when I originally put the seat on the Bike, and a Photo of the seat this morning as we speak. The seat still has the blue stitching I had C&C make up to match the color of my bike.

2007 Spring Road Trip

Seat with almost 90K Miles
Don't know what happened but the photo's did not attach. Will try again.

Old 10-15-2018 | 02:02 AM
Tri-J
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dugan
Did the DLL sit you lower than the C&C?
I think the C&C may be slightly lower. They say it's 1" lower than stock.

Quick Reply: Does anyone NOT like their C&C seat