Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Street Glide Completed!!BadDad,Arlen Ness, Yaffe,Etc

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012 | 09:58 PM
BAGGERONABUDGET
|
Tourer

Ok guys lots of questions.

As far as the bike in general I had a shop do it all. I just picked the parts etc. I dont have the time, a lift, etc to do it so I took to a very good shop. From what they said there was no issue with the bags and fender. They had to modify my stock fender(it was already chopped before from my first stretched fender). So they did some more chopping/reinforcing so the BadDad wouldnt be flimsy.They said that there was no major work to be done. Looking around the back looks like they may have made some adjustments for the bags to sit right etc. Im so glad they did it the way they did. I HATE gaps.

The apes are Yaffe 12's. Ive been told they are like 14's. They are above the fairing but are awesome.

Here are some more pics from earlier today and then when I was getting gas.

Next is a sinister wheel like the one I posted. Either a 21'' or a 23''( I believe its a sinister, but It that is the style Im getting, just different color of course)

Thank you for the compliments. I love the bike

Attached Thumbnails Custom Street Glide Completed!!BadDad,Arlen Ness, Yaffe,Etc-bike.jpg   Custom Street Glide Completed!!BadDad,Arlen Ness, Yaffe,Etc-gas-station.jpg   Custom Street Glide Completed!!BadDad,Arlen Ness, Yaffe,Etc-wheel.jpg  
Old 03-22-2012 | 09:05 AM
BAGGERONABUDGET
|
Tourer

What do you guys think? For thr spoke wheel should i just do black and chrome or black spokes with paint matched lip or black lip with paint matched spokes?

Old 03-22-2012 | 09:18 AM
Thedink
Cruiser

You goin sinister or dna mammoth spoke? Dna alot more budget priced, they'll powder coat any combo, prices are usually 2 dollars a spoke, 50 hub 50 lip. I almost bought their wheels but stopped cause of pia of cleanjng, ordered a southern motorcycle wheel, bad *** wheel, got wheel, tire and single sided rotor for 1200

Old 03-22-2012 | 09:23 AM
BAGGERONABUDGET
|
Tourer

Not going DNA. Customer service is non existing and quality is garbage compared to other. I can get a sinister with tire mounted and balanced for $840. My shop would do any color combo i want for a great price.

Old 03-22-2012 | 09:37 AM
BAGGERONABUDGET
|
Tourer

Double Post

Last edited by BAGGERONABUDGET; 03-22-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-22-2012 | 04:32 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member

very nice result, congrats. For DNA wheel, my buddy have one on his RK without any problem and mounted tubeless.

Old 03-22-2012 | 04:46 PM
hddan502
Road Master

That is Sic! Great job.

Old 03-22-2012 | 05:28 PM
BAGGERONABUDGET
|
Tourer

Not doing DNA. Dont want to deal with serviceif an issue and i heard they peel/flake

Old 03-22-2012 | 11:59 PM
Thedink
Cruiser

Go for the sinister then, not a bad price at all,

Old 03-30-2012 | 10:10 PM
BAGGERONABUDGET
|
Tourer

Well I did more research on the DNA wheel. Customer service is bad but the quality isnt bad. Some guys have issues, but most love them

So I know I said i wouldnt but I ordered a 21x3.5" DNA 52 mammoth spoke wheel today with matching rotors and a metzler 140/70-21. Chrome lip and black spokes. Still debating If I should do orange lip.

also ordered a Lepera bare bones solo seat
Yaffe turn signal eliminators(domino)
Yaffe Yaxle
Gloss black headlight visor ring
Nostalgia vintage grips
Nighttrain tank emblems
and getting dash PC gloss black along with my exhaust tips. I have stock exhaust and drilled baffles out. So exhaust can wait.

Ill post an update. Should be about 1-2 weeks and everything will be on.

Quick Reply: Custom Street Glide Completed!!BadDad,Arlen Ness, Yaffe,Etc