Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C owners....sporttour as is or should I have em shave it back a bit??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Nut08Ultra
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default C&C owners....sporttour as is or should I have em shave it back a bit??

Ok.. so after much deliberation on seats and info from C&C I think I am going with their sporttour. I don't ride two up much but it should be comfy enough back there with that one when the wife does ride.

The bigger question is do I stay with it as is or do I have em shave 1 or 2 inches back?

I had an SG seat put on an ultra to see how it feels and I like the position but wonder think I could have it go back 1-2. C&C said their sit does sit you back little further then a stock SG seat. I have about a 34 pants leg and I am thinking maybe just go back at least another 1 inch. Not sure about 2. Once I get the seat I plan on putting different bars on in reference to where I'll be so I'm not worried about that. I just think I could use a little more leg room.

What do you all think. Will the stock be fine or do I have em shave it back another 1 or 2?

Old 03-19-2012, 06:41 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

for me- when I use a SG seat I am fine for up to 4 hours.

when I use my ultra seat I am fine ( I like to be upright when touring, the posture works better for me on long 8/10 hour days).

I also have a brawler seat which is lower & farther back than the SG seat- here's the concern ( for me).

when coming to a stop, rather than dropping my foot to the ground, I now have to lift my leg from the hip and rotate my foot out and down.

this puts strain on my hip(s) and also puts all my upper body weight on my rear.

Not conducive to more than squirtin' around town.

you could check for this by dropping a towel on top of your battery and moving back and forth to see where you like to end up

mike

Old 03-19-2012, 07:05 PM
hdbagr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went from a sundowner to a sporttour,32/33" inseam. Seems like it moved me back quite a bit (1 1/2"?), i personally wouldnt want it any further back. Try to find someone local so you can sit on one before ordering?. I think an extra 2" would really set you back to far. Dont expect a super soft seat, they are a firm seat, but a very comfortable firm seat! I am very happy with mine.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Nut08Ultra
Tourer

Originally Posted by hdbagr
I went from a sundowner to a sporttour,32/33" inseam. Seems like it moved me back quite a bit (1 1/2"?), i personally wouldnt want it any further back. Try to find someone local so you can sit on one before ordering?. I think an extra 2" would really set you back to far. Dont expect a super soft seat, they are a firm seat, but a very comfortable firm seat! I am very happy with mine.
I don't know where the sundowner sits in reference to the stock SG seat. I think the stock SG seat is a bit stiff too. Right now on the stock Ultra seat i find myself putting my feel pretty for forward on the boards.. thats why I was thinking back further.

The guy said their seat is not as soft as mustang but not as stiff as corbin.. kinda in between. Sounds like the saddleman I had. Thought maybe the gel insert would help too. just not sure about it retaining heat in summer and they were clear that it does.

Finding one local is a great idea.. but thats if I can. They are popular but still not as popular as HD's or the big name aftermarkets. Heck I honestly never heard of C&C till I joined this forum. And if I had, it was something I didn't really pay much attention to cuz I always had Mustang stuck in my head.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Nut08Ultra
Tourer

Originally Posted by mkguitar
for me- when I use a SG seat I am fine for up to 4 hours.

when I use my ultra seat I am fine ( I like to be upright when touring, the posture works better for me on long 8/10 hour days).

you could check for this by dropping a towel on top of your battery and moving back and forth to see where you like to end up

mike

I think I would get the same mileage out of the two stocks seats you said. Was hoping this would maybe fall in between. Not getting something bigger I know isn't going to let me last as long. But I like comfort... thats why I haven't pulled the trigger yet and I still have that mustang supertourer on the other side of the coin I'm flipping around.

The towel idea is interesting to see about moving back...gonna try that.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:59 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

I have a sport tour and a solo c&c, 34 inseam and find them about perfect for me. Lower and back, if you don't like a firm seat you won't be happy with c&c. I love mine, by the way!