Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duels VS Stock Y joint???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012 | 09:25 AM
MUNDOG
|
Novice
Question True Duels VS Stock Y joint???

Hey ya'll just had a few questions. I have the stock headers on my 04 RKC with SE Slipons. It sounds nice has a low deep rumble BUT I get most of the rumble from the right pipe, I know its because the left one is robbed do to the "Y" pipe coming out of the read head.
My question is..
I was thinking about changing out the entire system for true duels, will this increase or decrease the power? I was looking at the Rineharts. I like the way they sound, not too crazy loud but with a deep rumble.
I also ask because I had my sled Dinoed with the SEPST and I still feel like on take offs im still a bit slow (sometimes I feel like the Jetsons mobile) lol. I was told that true duels would give me that extra umph and a nice loud roar when i wanted it. any thoughts.
Also, in the market for the Rinehart true duels anyone know of someone wanting to sell theirs. let me know
thanks

Old 03-19-2012 | 09:37 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member

There's a company called Fulsac that makes a kit that replaces the 'Y' pipe on your stock head pipes (making your stock system a true dual). You can then use the Rinehart slip-ons and save a couple of bucks.
Power-wise this is a subject that has been beaten to death. I can only relate to you my direct experience.
The amount of off idle power loss I could actually feel was almost undetectable. The power I picked up everywhere else was dramatic. Especially after a little dyno time.
Had a bud with a new '07 CVO 110 Ultra that couldn't pull away from my near stock 88" SG. He was nearly in tears when I'd repeatedly pull a half a bike length on him right off the line and he could never make up the distance.
My bike was a stock 88", 5 spd., PCIII, Rinehart TD's, Ness Big Sucker.
His bike was a stock 110", SE air cleaner, D&D 2-1 (FatCat) , and tuned via SERT.

Last edited by Leftcoaster; 03-19-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-19-2012 | 09:41 AM
DHubbs
Road Warrior

You can expect to lose bottom end tq with true duels. Top end hp may increase a little but do you ride there most of the time? You get the best low & midrange with 2 into 1.

Old 03-19-2012 | 09:58 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

There are lots of threads on this, and plenty of debate. I don't think I've ever seen a dyno comparison on a stock or stage I TC88 that shows any loss with Rinehart TDs when compared to a stock system, despite the many claims that true dual systems lose torque at the low rpm range. My experience with the Rinehart TD system is that they make nice gains across the entire power band.

Here's a thread from the engines forum with several dyno charts that show how a Rinehart td system compares to stock exhaust on several different bikes.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/engin...e-duals-3.html

Old 03-19-2012 | 11:11 AM
motorrader
Cruiser

PM sent.

Old 03-19-2012 | 12:27 PM
Softy 103
Banned

Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
There's a company called Fulsac that makes a kit that replaces the 'Y' pipe on your stock head pipes (making your stock system a true dual). You can then use the Rinehart slip-ons and save a couple of bucks.
Power-wise this is a subject that has been beaten to death. I can only relate to you my direct experience.
The amount of off idle power loss I could actually feel was almost undetectable. The power I picked up everywhere else was dramatic. Especially after a little dyno time.
Had a bud with a new '07 CVO 110 Ultra that couldn't pull away from my near stock 88" SG. He was nearly in tears when I'd repeatedly pull a half a bike length on him right off the line and he could never make up the distance.
My bike was a stock 88", 5 spd., PCIII, Rinehart TD's, Ness Big Sucker.
His bike was a stock 110", SE air cleaner, D&D 2-1 (FatCat) , and tuned via SERT.
I would say that his tuner didn't do a very good job.

Old 03-19-2012 | 01:05 PM
mrfuji
Cruiser
Default true duels vs stock y joint

hi have fullsac on my 08 the biggest benefit is not to have your right leg roasted and little heat on left is not to bad mrfuji

Old 03-19-2012 | 03:12 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Softy 103
I would say that his tuner didn't do a very good job.

Nah, stock '07 CVO 110's were real dogs. That coupled with some too tall gearing only made things worse. His bike was tuned by a well respected tuner in the Portland OR area.

Old 03-20-2012 | 08:54 AM
grbrown
Club Member

I have used the Fullsac conversion kit and was very pleased with it. It 'cured' the unequal noise from the mufflers, as you would expect! I later used a new set of TD pipes plus slip-ons and was also happy with them, even had the bike tuned on a dyno. More recently I changed to a 2-into-1 and had the bike tuned by the same dyno shop.

On my bike I gained 15% more torque at 3,500rpm. That is a lot on paper and on the road! The TDs had a small drop in the torque curve between 3-4,000rpm. The latest system covers that dip and matches the upper torque curve almost exactly. At peak torque I gained a few and lost 1HP with the 2-into-1, but the gains at 3,500rpm were very significant. My bike is also much smoother running now, so while I enjoyed my two phases of TDs, I enjoy the bike even more now.

Old 03-20-2012 | 12:42 PM
HDSAE60
Road Master

fulsac on my 06EGC and I love its sound and power

Quick Reply: True Duels VS Stock Y joint???