Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polk MM651 vs J&M vs Rokker vs Other "High End" Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 01:51 AM
keith2323
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shout out to dr v-twin!!!!! Best service best deals around!!!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2012, 01:54 AM
keith2323
Advanced

THAGLyDE...how do you like that DRAGOS 2-1 pipe????

Old 03-24-2012, 08:07 AM
ThaGlyde
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keith2323
Now im up grading to the J&M ROKKERS in the fairing and adding J&M ROKKER to the lower fairings with a Alpine pdx f4 amp(100wattsX4) and i changed out my stock HK head unit for a Alpine cda-9886M head unit.When its all dun i will post my apion on my setup ... Im expecting this to be super load on the highway. I listen to mostly rock,metal and some hiphop..
We are around the same age so i share the same experiences concerning playing the music loud. I also have tha alpine cda-9886m which is a great unit. That pdx f4 amp your talking about, will it fit in the fairing or are you throwing it in one of the bags. From what i hear of the Rokkers they sound good in the parking lot due to the bass response but at the end of the day you need LOUD music to hear it above the pipes of your bike and others you may be riding with. With this, i would deffinately include tweets. I wish i had the money buy both and put one speaker up against the other. However, i can only do more and more research and try to make the best decision with my limited funds (baby #2 on the way). Good luck on the Rokkers. Let us know how they turn out.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:18 AM
ThaGlyde
Road Master

THAGLyDE...how do you like that DRAGOS 2-1 pipe????
Keith,
The Dragos Pipe is the SHIZZNIT. With no head work, 95 kit, and mild cams im getting 85hp/96tq. I can send you my dyno sheet when i get home.Its sounds mild at hwy speeds (80mph) but leaving the light it sounds like i can pull a stump out of the ground. Frank is outstanding with the customer service. He returned my call on a sunday.
The only other people that i know that return anything is Dr.Vtwin(bump for their service as well). He also wont just sell you something you think you want when you dont know enough to make an informed decision. We talked for at least 45mins before I ordered. I have the super charged series with the 4 inch muffler and the 2.55 baffle. Im happy to say the least.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:18 AM
keith2323
Advanced

The PDX amp is going in the saddle bag...I heard of people getting it to fit in the faring,but this sucker wights a little too mutch to go in the faring.Besides i like to pull whellies here and there and the amp would be alot safer in the bag... Thanks,im hoping the system works out for me. If it's not loud enough ,Im gona blame the amp(hahaha). I was gona go with the PDX F6 (150wattsX4) but i didnt want to risk blowing them.I always have the stereo cranked up.So i figerd with a 100 watts to each speaker, I can drive the SH#T out of them with no problem...

Old 03-24-2012, 10:19 AM
keith2323
Advanced

Like to see the dyno sheets if you have them.Thanks 85/96 is some real good numbers...I got the Thunderheader right now and its gona be hard to let this one go...But i like that dragos 2-1 pipe....!!!!.....

Last edited by keith2323; 03-24-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:07 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Dragulas and speakers in the same thread..... I love it!! Where else you find that?

Old 03-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Grizcat68
Advanced

I've had my Rokker system in my StreetGlide for just over a year now and absolutly no complaints. Compared it to a Boom system (actually no comparison). It sounds great at any speed as long as you are running a CD or Ipod, FM radio does not sound the greatest. You can feel the bass on your chest running down the highway. I would have no problem recommending it, for the reasonable price of the plug and play system. I think it is a great system considering how it sounds in a open air enviroment. I am only running the two speaker system, but I'd say J&M hit a homerun with this one. You can have a better system if your willing to throw alot more money, but can't beat the $600 price tag.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:11 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I can add from personal experience that the J&M ROKKERS are a major improvement over their original 7.25 speakers, but you'll only appreciate it when you drive them with and powerful amp. Arc mini/ROKKER amp at 250w into 2ohms or the RF 300X2 stable to 2ohms bring both speakers to life and rock on at 75mph. The ROKKER however is much, much fuller sounding. Their customer service is 2nd to none. The only way I would test a Polk at this point is if someone handed me a pair and I would install them just to find out.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:25 PM
ThaGlyde
Road Master

Like to see the dyno sheets if you have them.Thanks 85/96 is some real good numbers...I got the Thunderheader right now and its gona be hard to let this one go...But i like that dragos 2-1 pipe....!!!!.....
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...yno-sheet.html

Quick Reply: Polk MM651 vs J&M vs Rokker vs Other "High End" Speakers