Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polk MM651 vs J&M vs Rokker vs Other "High End" Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 02:47 PM
JoeN
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a soundstream amp
and
I am very happy with my polk speakers, including the price

Old 10-10-2016, 10:28 AM
tigerking
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rg567
OK, I installed the new Polk MM651s today, heres the review...

Stock vs. Hogtunes Hogtunes were a nice improvement. Both more volume and more clarity. A nice upgrade for the money and ease of installation.

50w rms amp added with Hogtunes speakers Sounds better than without the amp, even with the gain turned way down. Its now obvious that I need a little more speaker as the Hogtunes are breaking up at high volumes.

Polk MM651(with amp) vs Hogtunes (with amp) The Polks definitely rock. Quite a bit louder and clearer than the Hogtunes. These speakers really sound great and seem to be worthy of the positive reviews that I have been reading. I am now happy with my system and plan to leave things alone.....for a while at least...
hi RG567, I have also installed the Hogtunes RG Kit and found that my FM suffered a GREAT deal. They sent me a shield harness which improved a bit but then 2 weeks later my hogtunes front speaker blew away. Not sure if you encountered the FM issue as well as witness the speakers taking a toll with the hogtunes amp. am thinking of getting the polk just like you to justify the hog amp for the time being

Old 03-18-2017, 08:22 PM
jhiroshima80
4th Gear

I recently installed the J&M XXR fairing
system on my 17' RGS. Man did I wish I had held out and did a little more homework. The speakers SUCK! The bass "pops" with the volume 1/2 way; Bass -1 from center; Treble -1 also. To even push the Bass 1-2+center? the cones pop like crazy. I even emailed John, the owner. The best advice he could offer was for me to dial up his YouTube video which shows how great they sound (?????wth???). No guidance at all as to how/if there's anything to adjust. Everyone out there--go easy on me. It was my first attempt an audio upgrade---and J&M's advertising worked. Now that I'm close to a GRAND into the system, can anyone suggest a set of speakers that would work well with the J&M amp? There's GOT to be some nice fairing speakers out there that I can use after I pull the J&M and throw them in the trash.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:31 AM
Dsm Limited
Received 9,240 Likes on 3,187 Posts

Originally Posted by jhiroshima80
I recently installed the J&M XXR fairing
system on my 17' RGS. Man did I wish I had held out and did a little more homework. The speakers SUCK! The bass "pops" with the volume 1/2 way; Bass -1 from center; Treble -1 also. To even push the Bass 1-2+center? the cones pop like crazy. I even emailed John, the owner. The best advice he could offer was for me to dial up his YouTube video which shows how great they sound (?????wth???). No guidance at all as to how/if there's anything to adjust. Everyone out there--go easy on me. It was my first attempt an audio upgrade---and J&M's advertising worked. Now that I'm close to a GRAND into the system, can anyone suggest a set of speakers that would work well with the J&M amp? There's GOT to be some nice fairing speakers out there that I can use after I pull the J&M and throw them in the trash.

You are going to want to take your questions to the Audio section of this forum. The folks over there are very helpful and knowledgeable. You are probably not going to like what they say about J&M, however they can put you on the right track. Your best bet will be to start your own thread on the subject. Hope this helps.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:32 PM
jhiroshima80
4th Gear

Thanks...............will do