Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dyna beads question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 12:48 AM
menace929
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BIGVTWIN
I can't get them thru the valve stem. And yes I removed the core from the valve stem.
Any ideas?
Easiest way is to hold an engraver tool against the valve stem. The vibration helps them flow through.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:27 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BadBagger08
Their Snake Oil take the tire to be balanced and you will see.

I went through a similar issue tried up to 4oz of dyna beads and my front tire still vibrated terribly at any seed around 85
my indy threw away the dyna beads and balanced the tire and all is good he checked the balance of the beads and they did nothing in my case to help.
From the FAQ on here http://www.innovativebalancing.com/news.htm

Can I put the tire on a balancer to see if it's working?

A: No. Dyna Beads operates on physics principles, and requires the tire assembly to be in motion against a road surface to detect the exact counterbalance position. An electronic balancer has a solid, fixed mount, and does not allow the tire to react to imbalance.

I have been using them for years and love them, Not a wheel weight 1 around my house . Only had trouble 1 time and the tire was bad. Bent wheels can cause problems as well.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:33 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I used the beads on my last bike. Not a problem. matter of fact, it worked better then with lead weights.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:02 PM
gwphelpss10
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Save yourself some money and go to Walmart and buy some airsoft pellets. They are plastic and won't hurt the tire. I bought the 12 gram pellets it takes 250 to make 1oz. been using them and they work great. 5000 airsoft pellets cost around $10.00. Just put them in the tire before you set the bead and all is good.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:21 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by menace929
Easiest way is to hold an engraver tool against the valve stem. The vibration helps them flow through.

I just thumped the valve stem with a screwdriver as I poured mine in...worked just fine.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:16 AM
JohnFlorida
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=BIGVTWIN;9538411]I can't get them thru the valve stem. And yes I removed the core from the valve stem.
Any ideas?[/QUOTE

Sometimes you need to run a 1/8 drill thru the stem to clear it first. I had to with my tube tires

Old 03-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Spur56
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used dyna beads in many applications and they are great. Using another product in a recent tire change on the UC called Ride On. It offers the same dynamic balancing as the beads, but additionally it will seal certain punctures. It is a water soluble liquid that will not corrode metal. So far it is working great with the balancing, hope I don't have to test the puncture feature. Be safe out there! Still have beads in my other bikes.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGVTWIN
I can't get them thru the valve stem. And yes I removed the core from the valve stem.
Any ideas?
I use a pipe cleaner and run it through the stem several times. I have never had to do anything other than just tap the stem with my finger to get them in after using the pipe cleaner.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:05 AM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Just Dave
I use a pipe cleaner and run it through the stem several times. I have never had to do anything other than just tap the stem with my finger to get them in after using the pipe cleaner.

Unable to get beads in. Finally thought to get the tire off the floor and beads flowed in as advertised. I like 'em. Several friends got 'em & all like the beads.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Here's the other question - how do you get the weights without marring the wheels?

Quick Reply: dyna beads question