Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tubed Tire Repair Kit Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012 | 09:54 AM
Rockrivr1
|
Road Master
Default tubed Tire Repair Kit Recommendation

So I did a search for tire repair and there is a slew on fixing a tubeless tire, but couldn't find much on fixing a tubed tired. I have an 06 RKC, which I believe has tubed tires. From my searching I'm going to get a Slime Compressor and need to find a kit that will help me fix a flat on a tubed tire.

This might be lame to say on a motorcycle forum, but I road ride on a bicycle thousands of mile a year for charity and use a spoon and patching kit to fix flats for that bike. It's a PITA on a bicycle, so I have to imagine it's the same on a motorcycle. But I'd rather have a kit then not.

So any recommendations on what kit works best will be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Old 03-17-2012 | 10:51 AM
Weatheredge
Cruiser

went with someting like this the first went to my son after his first flat first time useing it works great the second kit went with the larger tanks and the extended tank hose that i think will be a big pluss hooking up on the 2011 FLHTK if I ever have to use it. doe not do much for tubeless / spoke rim bike tires heres the web were i think got'em
http://www.genuineinnovations.com/st...ation-kit.html Good luck-ride safe

Old 03-17-2012 | 10:55 AM
Nirvana
Road Captain

I assume you have to remove your wheel to make use of something like this, or am I missing something?

Old 03-17-2012 | 11:06 AM
Weatheredge
Cruiser

flat tire on bike-side of the road - hole in tire - got kit out - plugged tire - filled with air tank from kit- top off at nearest air station pump- rode the rest of the way home no problems (tubeless tire)
not sure what your asking

Old 03-17-2012 | 11:18 AM
Rockrivr1
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Nirvana
I assume you have to remove your wheel to make use of something like this, or am I missing something?
I'm figuring on a motorcycle out in the middle of nowhere there's no way to remove a rim. Using a spoon or bar to remove the tire itself on a rim will be very tough, but it's the only way I see to make it to the flat. Will be hard finding the leak that way as well. Probably why you don't see to many tube repair kits for motorcycles.

I ran across this one. http://www.amazon.com/Tube-Type-Moto...=pd_sbs_auto_5

Seems to have what is needed to fix a tubed tire. No reviews on it though.

Old 03-17-2012 | 11:38 AM
Nirvana
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Weatheredge
flat tire on bike-side of the road - hole in tire - got kit out - plugged tire - filled with air tank from kit- top off at nearest air station pump- rode the rest of the way home no problems (tubeless tire)
not sure what your asking
Tubeless tire repair is very possible and relatively easy, this thread is talking about the tubed tires on our laced wheels.

Old 03-17-2012 | 11:42 AM
Weatheredge
Cruiser

...can help you there don't have tube tires
but when I did it after trying to plug keep air in it did not work
called for a tow-in ...but I suppose if you could get the tire and rim off (tools)bust the tire from the rim it could be done. I heard a can of fix-a flat works sometimes enought to get you some where but never tried it myself - no more tube tires for me - love the looks of the old school spoke rims tho-good luck

Old 03-17-2012 | 12:29 PM
Pierre
Tourer
Wink

I think if you got a flat with a tubed tire ... You're better calling the tow truck

Old 03-17-2012 | 01:11 PM
oasis03
Cruiser

Tow truck and a new tube.

Old 03-17-2012 | 01:12 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Roadside Assistance. Have it with HOG. Have it with extended warranty. And have it with insurance. I feel better, but may not while waiting for a wrecker late on a Saturday afternoon.

Quick Reply: tubed Tire Repair Kit Recommendation