Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rainsuits?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Thet
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my way from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas last May, it was pouring and cold on the day we were to head back (wife in car, of course) so we went to Walmart. I bought a Coleman rain suit and it kept me plenty dry. I went through pouring rain, snow, sleet, and wind with it. I think it cost me $15.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:43 PM
silverado636
Cruiser

3 years ago I bought a HD rain suit. Pricey yes. $200 Cdn. Rode 5 days of rain and cold. It was the best money I spent. It kept me dry and warm. Dont cheap out on a rainsuit. You will regret it.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:58 AM
harley_badboy
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone tried this new one. You need to buy the pants as well, seems expensive.... 5 bills for the set.

Men's FXRG Rain Jacket

Waterproof, breathable Cocona 100% polyester. 100% polyester full sleeve Thinsulate quilted removable liner. Two-way zipper front with storm flap. Seam sealed. Elastic cuffs with hook and loop closure. Adjustable bungee cord hem. Bungee cord and toggle on removable, helmet-friendly hood and back of collar . Two zipper hand-warmer pockets and one zipper chest pocket. 3M Scotchlite Reflective Material piping on sleeves. 3M Scotchlite Reflective Material panel on front and back. Rubber badge on left chest and back neck. Includes storage bag. 1-year warranty.

98379-12VM

MSRP US $295.00 - US $315.00 per size and/or color

Old 03-17-2012, 05:40 AM
covenjp
Advanced

I use the Icon PDX rain suit,the best so far!

Old 03-17-2012, 05:47 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartaman
I have the Hi Vis one too and have never gotten wet using it. I have used it 3 days straight in pouring rain and only my feet & hands got wet.

I highly recommend it.
I went a step further, I use a waterproof glove I purchased at http://www.lapolicegear.com/

I have water resistant boots too, I got wet, froze my keester off, said it wouldn't happen again!

Old 03-17-2012, 06:35 AM
Mendota Kid
Intermediate

I've got the HD Hi-Vis and the HD Rain Gator boot covers...just got back from Daytona last week and rode in rain for Saturday & Sunday...we got caught on I-4 at night in pouring down rain...the only this that got wet was my hands...I literally was bone dry when I got back to the hotel. Believe me, you get what you pay for. I rode last September for 3 hours in rain and again arrived at my destination completely dry and comfortable.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:46 AM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RJI11LTD
I got the HD high vis. suit. It is black and orange with reflective stripes. Has panel inside thigh area to keep from melting. It is not the cheapest suit you can buy but rode home last year in a hard downpour and was dry as a bone when I arrived. So far this has been the best rain gear I have owned so far.

Same here, its a great suit. I stay warm and dry. Don't cheap out, buy a good suit and be done with it, I think you will be happy with it in the end.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:26 AM
ultraherbie
Cruiser

I bought myself and wife a HD 2 piece rain suits, ya pricey but work really well. And there were on sale at the dealer at the time we bought them.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:54 PM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

For $700 I'd rather be wet!

Originally Posted by Pastor John
Well, there's cheap and then there's value. I ride my bike almost every day, tour extensively, and got tired of cheap rain suits that didn't do their job. I finally sprung about $700 for the Aerostich Darien jacket and trousers. They are among the highest quality out there, and are absolutely waterproof even in all-day rains. Pricey? You bet! But among the best purchases I have made.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:57 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the HD Hi-Vis suit and just spent over 2 hours in the pouring rain. I'm completely dry. I saw a couple other guys that didn't look so good.

I think the HI-VIS part is important. Cars can't see you on a clear sunny day, what are the chances they will see you in the pouring rain, you need all the visibility you can get.

Quick Reply: Rainsuits?