Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered Dragonfly today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:53 PM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got it today.

I have to say that I was less than thrilled with the unpainted dragonfly....there were 3 deep scratches in the gelcoat and there was still yellow "crayon" on the fairing from where they marked it for cuts. I called Kevin at dragonfly and told him I was less than impressed given I paid almost a grand for something that looks like it was kicked and dragged through the shop. I talked to him before I found the scratches in the gelcoat...the scratches will require filling before I get it painted. There is no way in HELL i would put that shitty looking fairing on my bike before I painted it now. Maybe my expectations were a bit too high? Dunno...but if there IS a next time I may not buy a Dragon fly....TBC...getting it painted hopefully this week....got a price from a local guy for 350 both inner and outer.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:06 PM
rwb1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PK, That suks....hopefully the painter can make it right for you.

Did Dragonfly compensate you for the damage..?

Luckily my cheapass Reckless was decent out of the box. Did you "dry fit" the Dragonfly yet..? How was it.

Keep us posted....glad u finally got it !!

Old 04-11-2012, 12:25 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Now imma real confused, still debating on Reckless or spend twice as much for Dragonfly. Any pics and addtional info would real be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Old 04-11-2012, 01:21 PM
parakiller
Road Captain

Here is the e-mail I sent to Kevin @ Dragonfly this morning:

I talked to you and I understand that it needs to be prepped, but outside of a good sanding I would not expect to have to do actual bodywork on the fairing. Here are my findings when I took the fairing out of the box:

1. The exposed edge that is not “wrapped” will need to be smoothed and shaped before primer and paint as it looks like it came fresh from whatever cutting tool was used. It still had the “dust” from the cuts all over the fairing.
2. There still was yellow “crayon” markings along part of the fairing where I can only assume that the cuts were made?
3. There is an over cut on the inside next to the bracket on the right side if you are sitting on the bike that will need to be fixed.
4. There are 2 deep scratches that will require filling prior to primer and paint.
5. The windshield has a corner broken off.

The main reason I purchased the fairing from you guys is that the fit and finish I have heard was second to none. I GLADLY paid top dollar for your product as I was hoping that I would not have to deal with the “reckless” type of manufacturers out there.
This being my first purchase of an “unfinished” part I really had no idea what to expect. I did NOT expect this to be honest. Part of my issue is that I could not see the product prior to purchasing it. That is not your fault clearly.

The only thing that I need from you is the windshield replaced since it was clearly broken when I got it. I will take care of the rest.

Dan

No reply yet...Dropped off fairing at painter guy's shop...he said he has seen worse...

Attached Thumbnails Ordered Dragonfly today...-fairing3.jpg   Ordered Dragonfly today...-fairing4.jpg   Ordered Dragonfly today...-fairing5.jpg   Ordered Dragonfly today...-img_0015.jpg  
Old 04-11-2012, 01:24 PM
parakiller
Road Captain

Lets see what happens. I know they have someone from the Dragonfly shop browse this forum...I will call them and see if Kevin got my e-mail.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:43 PM
parakiller
Road Captain

Called them and the girl that answered the phone was really short with me and not at all sympathetic. Apparently Kevin had just "stepped away".....WOW...**** THEM! Unless they do a 180degree about face they are going down in the "**** them in the neck" category.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Deadstroke
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont like the dragonfly myself.. It came with my bike been thinking of selling it.. reckless fairings are ok, quick to manufacture, fitting issues sometimes low quaility piece. Best bang for your buck is Woodies Fairings. Soild and strong well made and great service. But everyone has their opinion

Old 04-11-2012, 03:16 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 514 Likes on 358 Posts

The Woody's seems to "fit" the bike better. Some of those after market
fairings almost stand straight up.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:48 PM
booch
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pittz5
does anyone know if you can run apes pushed forward with these fairings?? I have a Memphis Shades that I had to mill the brackets to be able to run bars the way I like them. Have been thinking about upgrading to a Dead Center or Dragonfly. I guess a guy could always change to Bagger Apes.
Paul Yaffe MBB on a Deadcenter, pushed fairly far forward, still room for more.
Excellent customer service and great finish out of the box

Old 04-11-2012, 05:56 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear about the bad experience. Hope they come around and stand behind their product.

Quick Reply: Ordered Dragonfly today...