Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered Dragonfly today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:42 PM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No worries RWB1! all good stuff!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:17 PM
CKS
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I shopped around & looked @ them all, They are all good setups, I went with Reckless & am very satsified with it & seems to be very well built, Alex was very helpful & the paint job they did was a perfect match. No complaints whatsoever. But I must admit that price had a roll in my decision.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:24 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

rwb1 I'm really looking foward to your review, I have read countless threads and still can't make up my mind on Reckless. If you can give detailed info and pics on yours it would a long way in helping me decide. Like pointing out the imperfections and the sound quality. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:41 PM
rwb1
Tourer

Serjayson, I will do my best to document the entire process start to finish....just got a new camera so Im ready to start snappin'...

I got my fairing bare and will install my own audio.... I figure I can build a better system on my own.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:47 AM
ad3333
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I just purchased a Dragonfly fairing with my tax return as well. It shipped this week and so far the customer service has been outstanding. Keep in mind that all top of the line fairings are custom built and may take a few weeks, which I'm fine with if it's a quality product. Among the top-tier fairing companies, I went with Dragonfly as several local shops thought Dragonfly was the best built and fit. I like the look of this fairing a little better than the other options out there as well. I also purchased the stereo that you can buy with it, which has a compartment for an iphone. I'll post pics when I get it installed, I also purchased their OEM hard bags for my RKC...

Old 03-31-2012, 01:44 PM
pittz5
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

does anyone know if you can run apes pushed forward with these fairings?? I have a Memphis Shades that I had to mill the brackets to be able to run bars the way I like them. Have been thinking about upgrading to a Dead Center or Dragonfly. I guess a guy could always change to Bagger Apes.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 AM
jamookie
2nd Gear

I got my Dragonfly on Thursday (two weeks earlier than expected). For the most part, I am pleased with the quality and design. I am a little disappointed that it did not come with a shelf for the amp. Of course I ordered it without any audio equipment, so I am not sure if the complete versions have a shelf for the amp or not. I had watched some youtube videos that show a carpeted shelf for the amp, so I just assumed this was Dragonfly, but apparently, it was the audio installer who did this. It will be relatively simple to add a shelf though.

Other than that, the product was very nice. I unboxed everything Thursday night. On Friday morning, I went out to the garage and had the fairing mounted on the bike in about 15 minutes.

I will try to add some pictures when I get going with the install. I am still waiting on some audio equipment to arrive.

To follow up on the hand control issue...I went to my local Harley dealership. After about an hour of looking at new and used bikes and looking in the catalogs and parts books, we decided that any 08 or newer touring hand controls will work on my 08 FLSTC. Apparently, there are knockouts on the bottom for the throttle and idle cables, even if it came off of a fly-by-wire. This is what they told me anyway...please let me know if this is not correct.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:51 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

If you like it 1/2 as much as I do my Dead Center, you're going to love it to pieces. I got a screamin' deal on mine used from a member here on the forum, in perfect condition, and while I thought I'd be taking it on and off alot.....not so. It stays on all the time. I've got the sirius radio setup, and it's great. Good Luck, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I've heard nothing but good about Dragon fly.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:03 PM
rwb1
Tourer

PK, Did the Big Brown Truck drop off your package yet ??

I havent had a chance to mess with mine yet.....but I did manage to order a RF pbr300x2 amp and a set of Soundstream 6x9 speakers....Gotta order some Zilla Mat off e-bay to line the fairing with and I think I will be good to go..

Keep us posted on your "BOX"

Old 04-10-2012, 03:11 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribe.

Quick Reply: Ordered Dragonfly today...