Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered Dragonfly today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 05:12 PM
09streetking
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put dragonfly on my 09 roadking,love the fairing, but they were really slooow getting it made. 10 weeks also terrible paint job on inner fairing.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:53 AM
roadkillking
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road King radio controls

What you described is exactly what I am trying to achieve. Dragonfly fairing, sony stereo, swi-pc control to use factory thumb controls. Do you have the wiring diagram? I can find then for the bikes that came with stereos, but not one that didn't. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by jamookie
Yep. I met a guy last week who installed a Reckless fairing, Sony head unit, and a SWI-PS interface. He had changed out his hand controls so that he had volume and mode (channel/track/etc) controls. He made a resistor block, which he wired between the SWI-PS and the factory hand controls. Then the SWI-PS plugs into the back of the Sony deck. The SWI-PS is mounted in the fairing, while the resistor block is mounted on the bike. This way, he only has four wires between the bike and the fairing (Power, Ground, Switched Power, and Hand Control Output). He used a four wire disconnect to keep the fairing removable. It is simply a matter of programming the SWI-PS to the functions on the hand controls.

I would like to replicate this, but I have no idea what hand controls will work, if any.