Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post up your Highway pegs

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012 | 07:56 AM
choppermark
Stage II
Default works morebetter

Got tired of the junk highway pegs on the market so I jumped on the CNC & made my own. Anodized 6061, Delrin ball / spring detent, .032 recessed Teflon wear washers. They pop up and down with a flick of your toe.
Also turned some round pegs on the lathe but the flat pedals seem to be more comfy prolly cause the bottom of my shoe is.....Flat!
Keep ur knees in the breeze!

Attached Thumbnails Post up your Highway pegs-aa.jpg   Post up your Highway pegs-bb.jpg  
Old 07-04-2012 | 08:34 AM
Chunker
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Rickr01
Hey how about posting up some pics of all of the different configurations and styles of crash bar mounted Highway pegs. Also tell a little about them ie manufacturer, comfort level etc.
In response to a question about the HD short vs long angled pegs and asking for pictures of the short, I made the following post a week ago.

EDIT and ADD: On that original thread I posted comfort comments. Seats make a difference in pegs. Reach type that move you forward allow shorter pegs. Some seats sit back and would required longer arms. I have the Mustang Wide Touring with back rest. Can ride with feet flat on boards, heel on boards and ball of feet on pegs, or arch of foot on pegs. My legs are almost long enough I could rest my heel on top of pegs but for me it's just a bit too much of a stretch. I add the 3/4" footboard extenders which lets me get my feet out just a bit. Pegs also make for cooler riding since your feet and legs are away from the engine more.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...pegs-pics.html

Last edited by Chunker; 07-04-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: adding comment
Old 07-04-2012 | 10:20 AM
HD_Rider
Advanced

I put the Kuryakyn Longhorn pegs on my TriGlide. Because I am 6-foot tall and have long legs, I mounted the clamps backward on the highway bar, putting the pegs more forward than usual. With the infinite adjustability of the clamps, arms, and peg mounts, I am able to "tuck" the pegs up next to the lowers when they are folded up so as not to get in the way of my size 11's when getting on and off the bike. But when folded down, they are at a good angle for my boots to rest on. And like was mentioned earlier in this thread, I can either rest my boot on the peg or I can rest my heel on the floorboards and the toe of my boot on the peg.

Old 07-04-2012 | 11:47 AM
dakotared
Road Captain

HD, matchs grips and shifter/brake pegs.

Old 07-04-2012 | 12:03 PM
Ricky06Roadking
Cruiser

HD long adjustables. HOG Owner Group pegs, board inserts. Brake pad, shifter pads, and grips.

Old 12-30-2012 | 07:22 AM
choppermark
Stage II
Thumbs up Anodized Pegs

Check Out Rocket Machine On Facebook

Attached Thumbnails Post up your Highway pegs-12.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012 | 10:21 AM
Eric Moore
Road Captain

these are a lil different,,, I power coated the brackets black..now I see HD offers them in black go figure.. anyway grips,shifter pegs & high way pegs all match from xo prodox.com
I was going to make them but found these for cheeper than I could machine a set for

just got standard streamliner on my street glide..

Old 12-30-2012 | 10:35 AM
JerryS63
Cruiser

I have the Harley bar and chrome medium pegs and the 360 clamps. They come with a D washer for where the fold. I can't get the D washer in but too loose with it out. Any special trick to get it in? Will be finding some thinner washers to use if not.

Old 12-30-2012 | 10:42 AM
glcash
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JerryS63
I have the Harley bar and chrome medium pegs and the 360 clamps. They come with a D washer for where the fold. I can't get the D washer in but too loose with it out. Any special trick to get it in? Will be finding some thinner washers to use if not.
My D washers would not go in for chit! Took a Dremel to the inside of the mount. Problem solved.

Old 12-30-2012 | 11:57 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member

Since everyone is using pretty much the same 2 or 3 mounts, here's something a little different. They're on my '06 SG (waiting patiently in the garage for the snow to leave).
Get's lot's compliments and "where did you get those?" questions.

Attached Thumbnails Post up your Highway pegs-imgp0658.jpg   Post up your Highway pegs-imgp0659.jpg  

Quick Reply: Post up your Highway pegs