Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power commander v maps

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 07:17 PM
FAUVDOG
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default power commander v maps

I am dumb when it comes to computers,keith from fm e mailed me a map for my bike but how do i open it and send it to my power commander?

Old 03-14-2012, 08:23 PM
11roadie
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you open the email, there is a paper clip on the right side. Left click on the paper clip, it will open a window with the map file name. If you left click, it will open in your PCV program on your computer. There you can send it right to the PCV on your bike. Otherwise click on save and save to pwrcmdr,mapbackups.You will be able to open it from your PCV program. I am not a computer wizard myself but I think you will be able to find it now. Good luck!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:03 PM
LADNAR
Tourer

It's really easy.

Have you loaded your PC-V software onto your computer yet?
(the cd that came with the programmer)

Old 03-14-2012, 09:28 PM
tek-noid
Intermediate

When I updated my map, I couldn't find the CD, and so downloaded the software from here.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:40 PM
OrdieTech
Stage I
Default power Commander V maps

I just purchased a Power Commander V for my 09 Streetglide, but when I was looking for maps I noticed that they didn't have what I was looking for. Does anyone know of a map for Rush slip-on exhaust with no baffles. I'm getting ready to purchase an S&S intake for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:17 AM
mmesa005
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 737 Likes on 704 Posts

Although this is a PCIII the concept is the same

Dynojet has on line help files that are pretty good as well.

If all else fails you can load remote desktop support and have them walk through the entire process with you.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:49 AM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Presuming you have downloaded the correct PC software........Open PC software, click on "Open Map File" , click on map file where you have saved it on your hard drive. You should also be able to click on the file Keith sent you and the PC program should auto launch.....if it doesn't launch, you may have the wrong file extension ( to new or old of file ) *wink* Keith and I just went through this last week for a PC III file. I received the newer file and needed the old file......In Keith's defense, he didn't know I am old. lol.

To "send it" to your Power Commander, you'll need to either hook up a lap top to your Power Commander on your bike or remove the Power Commander and hook it to your home computer via a patch cable that came with your Power Commander. If you dont have a cable find the nearest kid that had a I Pod something or cell phone charger cable.

Last edited by timberland; 12-24-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:55 AM
TennesseeJed
Tourer

Originally Posted by OrdieTech
I just purchased a Power Commander V for my 09 Streetglide, but when I was looking for maps I noticed that they didn't have what I was looking for. Does anyone know of a map for Rush slip-on exhaust with no baffles. I'm getting ready to purchase an S&S intake for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Give Keith a call @ FM, or better yet, you can request a file detailing your specific needs via email and he usually responds within a day or so.....

Old 12-24-2012, 07:59 AM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 255 Likes on 155 Posts

Fuel Moto is very helpful, even if you didn't buy the tuner from them.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:11 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by TennesseeJed
Give Keith a call @ FM, or better yet, you can request a file detailing your specific needs via email and he usually responds within a day or so.....
provided you purchased the unit from FM.....unless you produce an invoice #, their not sending maps. Ive asked for several maps for diff pipes and the maps were identical (yes, I bought mine from them).
This is my map in a word doc that works great and compensates for pinging problem which is now solved:

Last edited by TUCCI; 12-24-2012 at 08:15 AM.