Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jack lift or table lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 09:50 AM
cowboybob56
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Question HF Table Lift "wings"

Greetings from Red Rock, AZ and thanks for all the recommendations for all the fine and admittedly better tables than mine. However I already have a table lift. What I am looking for is how you compensate for "Not Wide Enough" on what ever table you use, whether it be 2X6 side boxes or fabbed up outrigger plates.

Pictures would be even better.

Thanks

Old 03-20-2012, 10:08 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboybob56
Greetings from Red Rock, AZ and thanks for all the recommendations for all the fine and admittedly better tables than mine. However I already have a table lift. What I am looking for is how you compensate for "Not Wide Enough" on what ever table you use, whether it be 2X6 side boxes or fabbed up outrigger plates.

Thanks
Bob,
First thing I'm not sure where the attitude is coming from. I don't see where you mentioned what type of lift you have or where anyone insulted it or you. I also don't see where you asked for any information or recommendations mentioned why your lift isn't wide enough.

The side extensions on my lift are supported on steel pipes that slide under the center table. They raise and lower with the table and it is possible for me to lift a wider vehicle (ATV, lawn mower). I can remove the extensions by pulling a pin and the pipes slide off.
I'm sure you could fab something similar up with U bolts.

If you are wanting a place to put your feet or side stand down then a simple box on the floor next to the lift will work.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:20 AM
BdoubleU
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Handy Lift with rear drop out, makes servicing the rear of the motorcycle or front when doing forks a lot easier. As long as you have space for the lift table, its the way to go IMO

Old 03-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 151 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboybob56

Thanks
Most of the tables have some type of slots in the side (either round or square) for inserting side panels in. On mine, they are square so my plan is to get square tubing from Lowes and mount 2x6s on them. So then I can slide them in and out because they are light, they stick up 1&1/2" above the table so it makes it easy for me to put my feet on them when riding up and I plan on cutting some holes here and there to put tools that I always use on the sides. My table is supposed to be here this week and I will get pictures then.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:53 AM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Someday i'll get a table . right now i make do with the THRIFTY HarborFreight yellow jack $54 with coupon plus $6.99 shipping to my door .

I also have a great heavy duty 1000lb capacity BlackWidow sissor jack that would work great on a table . I bought it on Amazon for $69 free shipping.

Attached Thumbnails Jack lift or table lift-5d_12.jpg  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:03 AM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

here is a real basic one i was looking at on ebay .. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000-LB-HYDR..._Tools&vxp=mtr

looks a little to basic ? any one have one ?

Old 03-20-2012, 11:12 AM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Well the table is a must & saw you made that choice already, after that I would make sure you have a set of 12point sockets there are a few parts that need the 12pt. Torque wrenches, and a full set of torx sockets. Rocker box wrenches make life easier too when working on the rear box. HD Service manual! is a must.

A table is at the top of my list once I move next year though. You don't think bending over & working from these lower stands will bother your body. A table is a must.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg T
...For me I like the jack because it provides mobility, ease of access to the bottom of the bike (where I do my minor (versus major maintenance) and finally a way to wash my bike and wheels (I can spin the wheels while washing). It also provides an better way to access the tire valve stems when adding air.

Best
Same here, plus in a crowded garage, it let's me jack the bike off the ground, swing it around and roll it to back of the garage so I can get my cars in.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 PM
littled62
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have both the Harbor Freight lift table and ther high lift jack, I use the high lift for tire change and cleaning the rims and tires, the table for most everything else, the high lift will rais the bottom of the tire about 28" off the ground, the lift table will lift the bike a few inches more

Attached Thumbnails Jack lift or table lift-high.jpg   Jack lift or table lift-lift.jpg  
Old 03-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 151 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by littled62
I have both the Harbor Freight lift table and ther high lift jack, I use the high lift for tire change and cleaning the rims and tires, the table for most everything else, the high lift will rais the bottom of the tire about 28" off the ground, the lift table will lift the bike a few inches more
I had one of the high lift from HF and once when letting the bike down, it went too fast and cost me $550 for a new tank so be very careful letting it down. Crack it open very slowly.

Quick Reply: Jack lift or table lift