Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jack lift or table lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Crash75
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question about these table lifts...... I realize you can get one where the tail drops out for back wheel service. What about the front wheel. If the front wheel is in a chock at the front of the lift, how do you remove it? Do you use a smaller jack on the table to lift the bike even more? Just curious because I have considered one of these tables.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:13 AM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by imrotton2
jacks and lifts are great ,,, but the most needed tool is a service manual!!!!
+1! Service Manual is a must!

I have a Handy Lift with the front and side extensions and the Craftsman jack (yellow model). I find that there are times when I need the lift, and times when I need the jack. But if I could only have one...it would be the lift!

Steve

Old 03-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Crash75
Question about these table lifts...... I realize you can get one where the tail drops out for back wheel service. What about the front wheel. If the front wheel is in a chock at the front of the lift, how do you remove it? Do you use a smaller jack on the table to lift the bike even more? Just curious because I have considered one of these tables.
You'll need a scissor jack to lift the bike up off the table for some things.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:54 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts

You better watch out. You get that thing on a lift, than a jack, you will be breaking light bulbs with those apes!!! All kidding aside, yes you can lift the bike while it is on the table. I put the front wheel in the chock and ad two straps for the just in case factor most of the time, but to do the front, I simply put on the jack and strap the rear for the time the front tire is off.
Kris

Old 03-15-2012, 11:38 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I have a Matco lift jack and just bought a Kendon lift, I have worked on 3 bikes on the lift table and it is much easier to work on a bike now. I havent tried pulling the wheels off yet as I just got the fram jack yesterday. It does take 2 people to put bike on and off to get over the front wheel chock, a bagger is kind of squirrelly.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:03 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Some tables have drop outs at both ends or you can back the bike on to the table.
I had bikes for years and never had a lift or table. Did all kinds of work on them. Routine maintainance, tires, forks, engine.
Now I have a table and it is nice. I'm ready to get a jack for cleaning and maybe some service.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:01 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Titan makes an excellent scissor style jack for using on a table lift.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 151 Likes on 91 Posts

You can have it either way. Quality lifts makes one with the front and rear drop out panels. I ordered the one with the rear drop panel and will use their jack to raise the front wheel. It appears to be made by the same people that make K&L lifts but comes with a few options that you pay K&L extra for. Mine shipped yesterday from Kentucky so I hope to have it in a week or so. With the removeable front chock, I plan on putting it under my 4Runner and just pulling my 4Runner out when I want to use the table.
http://www.qualitylifts.com/auto-lif...cycle-ATV-Lift

Last edited by Udawg; 03-15-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:50 PM
thepickerelninja
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup I ordered 2 quality lifts yesterday QML01A because of course as soon as I wanted one so did my buddy! LOL We ordered the rear drop out only and are going to copy it on the front when they arrive. Harley Orange and Black!

Old 03-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 151 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by thepickerelninja
Yup I ordered 2 quality lifts yesterday QML01A because of course as soon as I wanted one so did my buddy! LOL We ordered the rear drop out only and are going to copy it on the front when they arrive. Harley Orange and Black!
I got the Harley Orange and Black too. What do you mean copy it on the front?

Quick Reply: Jack lift or table lift