Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Machine is a joke!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 12:08 AM
thenewrage
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Performance Machine is a joke!

I bought a brand new fuel door from a forum member a couple months ago. He ordered the wrong one and it so happened to be the one I needed for my 07 sg. I got around to installing it a few weeks after I got it from him as it was still freezing at that time in Mn. Put it on and it didn't fit. I called Rick at Pm (nice guy) and I told him that it was a machining problem and he said no its not and that pm never ever has maching problems. Ok ok so what you want me to do Rick? He says try this try that........... and I did and still no go. The fuel door will not properly reach the strike plate and it wont lock or stay shut. He has me mail it to him. I called him a couple weeks after he recieved it to find out what the f**k was going on?
He finally got back with me and said that it was a machining problem. Hmmmm, just like I told him. So I was nice and kept my mouth shut and he said that my new one would be there in a couple days. Im happy thinking all is good and no worries. I get it in the mail (about 3 weeks ago now) and went to install it the next day. Guess what, doesn't work again. I called Rick and said Im fed up, but if you make it right Ill still take it as it just a cosmetic piece. He emailed and said he was going to check into it and get back with me. I ve called him twice since that email and left him messages. He isn't returning my calls and when I do call it goes straight to voicemail. He is a tech at pm and I understand he's probably busy, but don't you think a part that that company made that doesn't function is important? O well. Its a 60 dollar part. But they won't be getting my business anymore and Im thinking ill get rid of anything that they have there fingers in thats on my bike. Am I outta line for being irritated? My stock fuel door is fine and there is no damage to any part of the console that the fuel door goes to. Rant over

Old 03-13-2012, 03:08 AM
2011_Glide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea what you are going through, but

when I rode my Night Train to Bike Week in Daytona 2006, I put a new belt on and the only thing that I can figure out is that the wheel was not lined up right. We rode from NC to Daytona. Yes, we were hauling a** the whole way down there. At times, over 100.

Soon as we pulled into town, I felt my bike slipping. When I looked down, the belt had about every 5-6th **** still on it. I went to Destination and talked to Ed Sands. He told me that he had never seen that before and had "no idea" how that could happen. He then, called back to California and had another shipped out (because once you do the 240 rear tire conversion with their drive side break set up, you CAN NOT put another pulley on the bike due to spacing). That pulley is about $600. He only charged me cost at $125.....

I hate to hear that you are getting screwed over, but I know from what I went through, they are TOP NOTCH to me...

This might be an isolated issue. Have you talked to anyone else? Just something to think about IMHO....

Hope it gets worked out.

Shane

Old 03-13-2012, 04:19 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thenewrage
I bought a brand new fuel door from a forum member a couple months ago. He ordered the wrong one and it so happened to be the one I needed for my 07 sg. I got around to installing it a few weeks after I got it from him as it was still freezing at that time in Mn. Put it on and it didn't fit. I called Rick at Pm (nice guy) and I told him that it was a machining problem and he said no its not and that pm never ever has maching problems. Ok ok so what you want me to do Rick? He says try this try that........... and I did and still no go. The fuel door will not properly reach the strike plate and it wont lock or stay shut. He has me mail it to him. I called him a couple weeks after he recieved it to find out what the f**k was going on?
He finally got back with me and said that it was a machining problem. Hmmmm, just like I told him. So I was nice and kept my mouth shut and he said that my new one would be there in a couple days. Im happy thinking all is good and no worries. I get it in the mail (about 3 weeks ago now) and went to install it the next day. Guess what, doesn't work again. I called Rick and said Im fed up, but if you make it right Ill still take it as it just a cosmetic piece. He emailed and said he was going to check into it and get back with me. I ve called him twice since that email and left him messages. He isn't returning my calls and when I do call it goes straight to voicemail. He is a tech at pm and I understand he's probably busy, but don't you think a part that that company made that doesn't function is important? O well. Its a 60 dollar part. But they won't be getting my business anymore and Im thinking ill get rid of anything that they have there fingers in thats on my bike. Am I outta line for being irritated? My stock fuel door is fine and there is no damage to any part of the console that the fuel door goes to. Rant over

When have you been calling, they have been down here in daytona for over a week now, just incase it has something to do with bike week he may be to busy to deal with office stuff right now

Old 03-13-2012, 06:40 AM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lgenf
When have you been calling, they have been down here in daytona for over a week now, just incase it has something to do with bike week he may be to busy to deal with office stuff right now

Ya know, I keep hearing crap like this about a bunch of different vendors. I say its BS! Take care of your customers or put people in charge of them while you are gone! The concept of looking for new customers while blowing off your former customers is BS!!!

Old 03-13-2012, 06:54 AM
HemiGlide69
Tourer

Originally Posted by redrubicon2004
Ya know, I keep hearing crap like this about a bunch of different vendors. I say its BS! Take care of your customers or put people in charge of them while you are gone! The concept of looking for new customers while blowing off your former customers is BS!!!
That's what I'm talking about!!
Couldn't agree more...
I can never understand what's so hard to figure out about providing good customer service..

Old 03-13-2012, 07:18 AM
piesik650
Road Warrior

Sorry about the shitty part bud. my fuel door sucks too. whatever happened to the customer is always right saying. Pm stuff is so pricey it should almost install itself.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

I don't have any experince with PM but I can tell you one thing...They sure are proud of their stuff! Their inflated prices blow me away! I thought Harley's prices were inflated but PM takes the cake as far as I'm concerned..

Old 03-13-2012, 09:02 AM
HemiGlide69
Tourer

I purchase a set of their Elite Contour Grips figuring for that price they would be the sh*t but how wrong I was. Was not impressed with the quality at all plus they are way to narrow for my hands.. I've heard of guy's loving these grips but they're not for me, I returned them and I'll just stick with my ISO's.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:16 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by redrubicon2004
Aint this the truth! About this time a year ago I decided to pull the trigger on a complete set of LED turn signals and load equalizer from Custom Dynamics. After they received my $200+ order I got an email telling me that everything was "out of stock" and that my order would be filled in about 3 weeks. I called them and was told that everything they had was at Daytona. My brother just happened to be there so I called him. He went by CD's booth and they had tons of inventory and was running a rally sale. He offered to purchase and ship what I needed back to me that day. I called CD back and told them to ship me my order from Daytona and by the way, give me the sale price. CD regretfully declined to ship but did agree to give me the lower prices. Still waited about the three weeks for delivery. Ok, I know they gotta go where the business is but I felt this was a little to much. Just to ease up on them I will say that I am totally satisfied with their products and service. Have already replaced one LED on the "lifetime warranty" with no problems.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:28 PM
thenewrage
Road Captain

Ok good at least all of you are understanding me. He called me this morning said he was swamped. I have him in a tough position, and he doesn't know what to do. I just told him to make it right and Im not paying for anymore shipping. He is a decent dude but he can't handle his job in my opinion. If it was me I would take care of the customer! Unhappy customers go other places for business. Thanks piesik for sharing that yours sucks too, I think Ill have hime refund me and Ill move on. Had my bike out today with my stock fuel door on and it sure was fun to be out. Ha ha. Ill be smiling for the rest of the day.

Quick Reply: Performance Machine is a joke!