Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Machine is a joke!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 06:00 PM
dieselcrank
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$1,000 for PM controls this past summer for my Softail,the chrome does not match ,every part looks different.You know I don't expect there stuff to match my Chubby bars but at least all there stuff should match. Some part have brown cast,master cylinder very brown,I called and email,no response.

The $54 brake light kit,the switch shorted out and PM said I must have crimped the wire and they would sell me the complete kit at another $54,really? I guess they knew I had no skill to perform this install,the vendor would not help me.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Ron "Gunner" Retzlaff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jamminjimmi
Its funny how people try to find the cheapest price on a certain manufacturers part and then get bent out of shape when they cant get the help they want from the manufacturer. You chose to be cheap, thats what happens. Spend the money with them and reserve your right to b#tch at them. I have a good $6000 in PM & RSD parts on my SG and its all top notch stuff and their customer service has always treated me right.
Jimmi, are you kidding me. If someone sells me the exact same part then I should receive the exact same customer service. If you are going to or have the resources to pay full price, go right ahead. If we have to find retailers that are willing to reduce the price to move the product, then I might be willing to add something to my bike that I wouldn't normally be able to afford. If I pay less than MSRP should it be a lesser quality because of it?

Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 PM
saintdaniel
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

since i have nothing better to do i will add that i will never buy another thing that pm makes. customer service is crap,i had to deal with rick also. i bought some wheels from xtreme machine which pm took over.

pm made the rotor and the rotor carrier.the carrier has call half moon cut outs for the buttons that hold the carrier to the rotor. well they screwed the cut outs up way to much rotational slop. basically the told me this cant happen.

it took many e-mails and calls, told them "if i get killed because this thing fails my wife will own pm". thats how bad it got with them,sent it in yep it was bad.

had a date with jamie at fuel moto,took the damn bike over in a trailer with no front rotor because they had to make a new carrier.sure i got another carrier but still think this one is also a little off.

Last edited by saintdaniel; 01-02-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:12 AM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old thread but just wanted to share my experience.
Purchased and installed my PM Fastair intake and dropped the secondary plate on the floor which put a scratch and dent in it. I couldn't live with that considering I just plunked down 4 big bills for the setup. Called Rick, told him what happened and he had a replacement in the mail for me the next day. He was EXTREMELY courteous, helpful, and a straight up good dude.
I was so impressed with the quality and customer service that I will be buying one of their headlights before riding season kicks off.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:36 AM
qmann
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree with the OP on this one. It's not always about the part - Sometimes it's just about customer service or lack of!! The OP is not complaining after a minute, it took a while for him to get pissed and start this rant. Oh, and don't call during Bike Week?!! There is always a Bike event going on: DBW, Sturgis, ....... Now the standard is no calling during a Bike event!!?? What if Harley couldn't fix your bike or change a tire "cause it's bike week"? Unacceptable. PM knows better and I think this is an anomaly. I see them all the time at events and they always eager to sell me something - let's see that same eagerness on service after the sale!!