Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Machine is a joke!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 01:36 PM
thenewrage
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by piesik650
Did I make the part? Nope. Did i list the part to fit his bike due to the PM saying it would fit? yes. Do I make hundreds and thousands of these for motorcycles across the world? Hell no

Did I sell him the part? yes. Would I if I new that it wouldnt fit correctly and called PM myself and handle the issue? Yes

So guess what PM has a issue with there parts, I have been in contact with OP and told him I would help with whatever I could. You sir I dont believe have any experince with custom parts. They cost alot and should fit out of the box no matter who you buy them from.
Alan do you have a reading problem? What part about what I wrote was hard to understand. I bought it brand new from piesik and it was flawless. If pm can't make the part right the first time, why sell it? Its junk to me and Im getting my money back. Some of there stuff might be good, but when they give me the run around and a million excuses I no longer want to use their product. I wanna ride and ride and if the bike has cool stuff on than thats just a bonus. Im not trying to start a war here, Im more or less pist off about pm's customer service. I have a reciept from piesik but whats the differance if its private party or from a dealer? They should fix their problem. PERIOD. Piesiks a cool guy and Im not dealing with him anymore and I was never upset with him, because its not his fault.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:05 PM
thenewrage
Road Captain

Yesterday I left Rick a voicemail and he responded via email. He told me to return it to the vendor and tried to make it my problem. I responded and told him pm is garbage and how are they going to just move on and not fix a part they made. O well. Pm won't be getting a dime from me in the future. A fifty dollar part cost them a customer. I want to take out my dremel and etch JUNK into the face of it and send it to Rick in california. So if anyone wants a brand new pm fuel door that won't work for your bike...........let me know. Ha ha

Old 03-27-2012, 01:46 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

I cannot speak to this situation but do know many of these businesses are very small and during big events sometimes there is literally no one there to handle business. It has always been this way to some extent and probably always will.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:08 PM
piesik650
Road Warrior

What I think is funny is that the part that you sent them they received and sent you a new one that still doesn't work correctly. To me that shows that they have a small tolerance problem with there "Performance Machining"

Old 03-27-2012, 08:50 PM
piesik650
Road Warrior

Junk Junk Junk

Old 03-28-2012, 05:55 AM
FlaDresser
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A tail of two vendors...

V&H... I installed a FuelPak and was having trouble getting to the right map. Support gave me a bunch of guesses... then told me maybe it was defective and I could either ship it back to be tested (at my expense) or take it to Daytona where a tech could check it out for me. I did the latter and the tech there simply changed the map back to the very first map I had tried, which did not work, and which had it running like crap. They didn't even test drive it... but they did offer to sell me some new $700 mufflers.

S&S... I installed a set of Power Tune Duals and based on having to force one of the connections I "think" the cross under pipe may not have been bent perfectly. I called support and explained what I was seeing. They said they had not heard of my particular problem before but immediately put a new pipe in the mail for me. Now that's customer service!

There is a difference. Certainly V&H is large enough and smart enough to handle my little issue, but they don't care. Lesson learned.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:46 AM
thenewrage
Road Captain

It sucks when a company won't do anything for you. Feel like a kid that got his candy taken away.......

Old 10-16-2012, 05:03 PM
chainsaw123
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, wallets of PM must be full and happy. Customer service suffers when you think you are above helping the little guys who buy your product one time.

In reality, I now know when I want new wheels where NOT to look. Sorry for your hassle but I would still let the pres of PM know he has lost your future business as well as anyone else who may read up on their performance. Maybe they should take that "performanc" word out of their name!!!

Post your experience on any and every review site you can. social media has a lot of power nowadays. Yahoo reviews, kudzu, yelp and more. Spread the word.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:09 PM
monumaker
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So because you choose to use a "discount dealer" this is now the manufactors problem when it dosent work the way you want it?

This should teach you the cheapest route isn't always the best.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:56 PM
lumper
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please pardon my ignorance but what is a fuel door?
Do you mean gas cap?
Sorry I just never heard of this part and was curious.
Thanks

Lump

Quick Reply: Performance Machine is a joke!