Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild1 Chubbys bars - CRACKED !!!! Wtf !

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 11:56 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I've use their bars on 3 bikes and always been happy with the quality.

Before posting here with a complaint why didn't you contact them and see what could be done. They are not obligated to replace them since your not the original purchaser but I'll bet they would be interested in a defect and if approached correctly might help you out.

Also where did you go to pay 400 for a set of bars? They acre available everywhere for a lot less or is that including install?

Old 03-13-2012, 03:26 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by omgtkk
I don't get it. This is the second post I've read this morning about someone who bought something used, had a problem with it, and is blaming the manufacturer for not backing it up. Since this bike was bought used, you have no idea how the bars were installed or how they were used/abused. Wild1 also has a significant problem with people on Ebay selling counterfeit products. It says so right on their website. So I don't understand how you feel slighted by the company. You didn't buy the product from them. You don't know if it was installed properly. You have no idea how old the bars are.
The other poster bought a used fuel filler door from a forum member that said outright it didn't fit on his bike and is bashing PM that they won't give him a new one cause the door won't fit his bike.
Stetler, I feel for you that you have to shell out some heavy cash for new bars. Kinda sucks. But I can't fault Wild1 in this case. Their policy is clearly stated.

+1. Gotta agree with this.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:04 PM
stetler
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Omg,
I agree with you that I do not know how the bike was ridden before me. but i do know who installed the bars. it was the same shop that i purchased the bike through on consignment. The last owner was the original owner and he had this shop do everything to it (bars, tires/rims, Grips, chrome lowers, rear lowering kit, exhaust and Power Commander).

So I do not know how it was ridden but I do know a proffesional shop did the install.

Again, I'm not bashing this bar company & I'm not looking for a scam since I'm the second owner. I just feel the bars should last for more then 5K miles. I said it would be nice if they helped me out on a replacement set that I could sell and recoop some of my hard earned cash that I had to fork out. I will send them a email today with some pics and see what they say.

On a side note, I'll be going back to the shop next week where I purchased the bike to get a new rear tire put on. I'll have them see if they can dig up the original receipt on the bars.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:09 PM
stetler
Banned

Xaran,
Paul Yaffe "Bagger Bars" in a 14". Do a google research and your going to see the price on these are $400.00 No way around it. That is bars ONLY, No labor for install.

here's my new bars.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:33 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by stetler
Xaran,
Paul Yaffe "Bagger Bars" in a 14". Do a google research and your going to see the price on these are $400.00 No way around it. That is bars ONLY, No labor for install.

here's my new bars.

Nice looking bike, expensive bars best I could find was 321.00 delivered at HD Direct

Old 03-13-2012, 08:04 PM
stetler
Banned

Those are the 12" bars. Not the 14's

Old 03-13-2012, 08:15 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 6,272 Likes on 3,164 Posts

Someone has been pulling back on these bars, big time. Try and contact the original owner,
If he/she is a rider then he/she will help you out. Unless they've no receipt either.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
09BlueRoadKing
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont wanna hi-jack this post, but could you show some pics from side of your bike, wanting to see that exhaust.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:39 PM
stetler
Banned
Old 03-14-2012, 08:45 PM
09BlueRoadKing
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That exhaust is tuff lookin, is it as loud as it looks?? Is it Yaffe, or Sinsister? What about bottom end torque. Thanks for the pics.

Quick Reply: Wild1 Chubbys bars - CRACKED !!!! Wtf !