Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 50 Thousand Mile 2010 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012 | 01:11 AM
Dr. Tiki
|
Stellar HDF Member

I replaced them myself and I went to LED turn signals so that I would not have to worry about the blinker fluid anymore.

Old 03-13-2012 | 01:20 AM
eddiepoindexter
Cruiser

Blinker fluid? Will someone please tell me what brand and type of "blinker fluid" is approved by the moco?

With any luck, they carry it at Home Depot, as I'll be there tomorrow picking up a few bags of concrete seed for a friend...

Old 03-13-2012 | 01:24 AM
Thet
Tourer

Originally Posted by Dr. Tiki
I am defiantly looking into the cost. Though I can do my own oil changes, brakes and basic maintenance there are things that I just prefer to have done by the dealer for various reasons.

To answer other questions (already asked and future):
-- I do work full time.
-- I do use the bike to commute to work (actually the engine in my truck died a few months ago and I haven't felt the need to replace it yet).
-- I do have a girlfriend but she travels quite a bit so I get to ride often on weekends.
-- I don't wear fingerless gloves.
-- When work sends me out of town... I ride there instead of fly.
-- I have hit the rev limiter and I see no problem in doing so.
-- I do ride the bike hard at times but I do cruise down the freeway as well.
-- I don't consider myself a biker nor a poser, I just like to ride my bike.
-- I do wave at other bikes... even cops and the occasional scooter.
-- I ride in all weather from single digits to triple.

No major problems within the 50K. Transmission leaked at 1,500 Miles (re-tightened cover bolt), Stator replaced, Rear shock replaced three times, Rear brake switch failed 2 weeks before the recall, had to have the dealership rebuild front shocks once because I didn't like the way the bike handled when corning hard, headlight bulb replaced twice, 3rd set of tires (I average 20K a tire).
I like your style. I also just enjoy riding. Now that it's started to warm up and stay warm here in Vegas (YES! It gets cold! haha) I'll be taking more and more rides. Next ride is probably to the Grand Canyon and back.
I waved at a cop yesterday. Hell, he was on a Harley! Looked like he had never seen anyone wave... LMFAO! Gave me the craziest look. I think alot of the motorcycle cops around here, even the non-harley riders, are a little biased. I've ridden past a group of 6 cops all sitting in a gas station waiting on people to either speed or run a red. Well... I sped up to NOT run the red, clearly exceeding 60 in a 45 and all they did was wave and smile. haha

Hope the next 50K go as smoothly as the first 50K. I just eclipsed my father's 2010 Ultra Classic in miles.

Old 03-13-2012 | 09:58 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dr. Tiki
I am defiantly looking into the cost. Though I can do my own oil changes, brakes and basic maintenance there are things that I just prefer to have done by the dealer for various reasons.

To answer other questions (already asked and future):
-- I do work full time.
-- I do use the bike to commute to work (actually the engine in my truck died a few months ago and I haven't felt the need to replace it yet).
-- I do have a girlfriend but she travels quite a bit so I get to ride often on weekends.
-- I don't wear fingerless gloves.
-- When work sends me out of town... I ride there instead of fly.
-- I have hit the rev limiter and I see no problem in doing so.
-- I do ride the bike hard at times but I do cruise down the freeway as well.
-- I don't consider myself a biker nor a poser, I just like to ride my bike.
-- I do wave at other bikes... even cops and the occasional scooter.
-- I ride in all weather from single digits to triple.

No major problems within the 50K. Transmission leaked at 1,500 Miles (re-tightened cover bolt), Stator replaced, Rear shock replaced three times, Rear brake switch failed 2 weeks before the recall, had to have the dealership rebuild front shocks once because I didn't like the way the bike handled when corning hard, headlight bulb replaced twice, 3rd set of tires (I average 20K a tire).
Dr., you get a vote from me for true biker, the real deal. No pretensions, just a guy who honestly loves to ride and understands his bike and takes care of it. Wish I could ride with you, bet you teach me a few things! Here's to the next 50,000! Ride safe.

Old 03-13-2012 | 10:05 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master

Originally Posted by eddiepoindexter
LMFAO!!!

But the one question you didn't answer is, how many times have you replaced the muffler bearings???

: EP
BTW, been checking the owner's manual for my '04 Ultra. Can't seem to find the service interval for the "muffler bearings". Did they fall out when I swapped to the Wild Pigs? I dunno, all this meckanikal stuff! (:

Old 03-13-2012 | 10:32 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member

Great to hear you have 50K worth of mostly trouble free miles. I am behind you by half that amount with no problems on my SG. I did bet on the Extended Warranty but hope I never have a claim. No way would I pay $1200 for a service, do all my own. Ride on!

Old 03-13-2012 | 09:10 PM
Thet
Tourer

Originally Posted by PghCycle24
BTW, been checking the owner's manual for my '04 Ultra. Can't seem to find the service interval for the "muffler bearings". Did they fall out when I swapped to the Wild Pigs? I dunno, all this meckanikal stuff! (:

Old 03-13-2012 | 09:24 PM
Len
Road Captain

50k on my 06! Sweet ride. .

Old 03-13-2012 | 09:36 PM
Sath
Tourer

Originally Posted by joe.1955
That's ridiculous.

The only thing that was extra on my 50K service was changing the fork oil, which is supposed to include complete disassembly and cleaning of the front forks.

I'd ask for an itemized quote or go elsewhere.

agree with Joe

Tell them to throw in some chrome lowers while they are changing that fork oil and you will think about it.. Other wise go see an indy!!!

Old 03-13-2012 | 10:15 PM
Clayslayer
Advanced

$1200 for a service?! Wow. I'd provide a 2 item checklist for that dealer:

1. Eat $hit

2. Die

Quick Reply: My 50 Thousand Mile 2010 Street Glide