Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 50 Thousand Mile 2010 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012 | 06:48 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member

I did the 50000 mile service on my old Road Glide,sure did'nt cost $1200!There really was'nt anything difficult to do.Never did a steerhead ajustment either because there were no handling issues.
I already did the forks at 40000.

Old 03-12-2012 | 07:08 PM
Havic08
Tourer

Besides scheduled maintenance, any problems or other issues?

thats awsome 50k, safe riding

Old 03-12-2012 | 07:41 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior

[quote=Dr. Tiki;9514363]Turned 50K today pulling into the hospital.

The bad thing is I check with the dealer to see what the 50K Service will cost.

Damn, are you retired??? Ive only got 35k on my 09 I picked up in June of 09, and ride every chance I get.

Old 03-12-2012 | 07:55 PM
pstmstr
Cruiser

Got 20K on my 10 month old Ultra Limited, I'm coming after you. I also have the VIP service plan with my dealer, get it serviced every 2500 miles and already got my tire replacement. Somehow I think they might lose my renewal card when it comes time.

Old 03-12-2012 | 07:57 PM
aries4155
Cruiser

I have 78,300 miles on my 2008 Anniversay Ultra as of today. I've only had a couple of issues. Check engine light came on 2 years ago, bad wire on connector behind air cleaner. Then Dec. of 2010 I had an oil leak from output shaft. Waited until spring of 2011, had them repair leak and install SE Compensator. Have extended warranty until 2013 so just had to pay for compensator. My 1st Harley but 6th bike, bought service and parts manual, spent many, many hours on this forum to learn as much as I could from very knowledgeable people. I do almost all my own work, changed fluids fairly often, avg. about 7500 miles, once or twice 10,000. Since oil leak been using Redline in tranny, Amsoil otherwise. Thinking of going Redline in all three. Think I'm going to DynaJet's Power Vision soon. Thinking of doing engine work next winter as I should have about 100,000 miles by then. I have a 65 mile commute one way, mostly highway and I'm 75 to 80 mostly going with the flow. Reading some of these comments makes me think my bike isn't the norm, hope I'm wrong because I expect it should be trouble free if probably taken care of. Had an '80 Eagle Summit with 377,000 before timing chain wiped out top end. Sorry get long winded. Hope you have continued troublefree riding.

Old 03-12-2012 | 09:32 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior

Holy SH*T! Now thats some riding... I got a 08 and only have 15,000. I guess the only benefit to me not riding as much is I dont have to pay 1200 for a 50,000 service ride safe, and enjoy the wind in your face!

Old 03-12-2012 | 09:38 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

+1 on fork oil. Fuel filter and steering head adjustment! Just turned over 103k on my 07 FXST. Sit down and go by the book and save the cash for shinny stuff or in your case FUEL! Maybe also look into a heaver fork oil as the stock stuff is pretty light.

Old 03-12-2012 | 10:12 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member

Good for you and I feel your pain my bike is in for the 50k service too.

Old 03-13-2012 | 12:47 AM
Dr. Tiki
|
Stellar HDF Member

I am defiantly looking into the cost. Though I can do my own oil changes, brakes and basic maintenance there are things that I just prefer to have done by the dealer for various reasons.

To answer other questions (already asked and future):
-- I do work full time.
-- I do use the bike to commute to work (actually the engine in my truck died a few months ago and I haven't felt the need to replace it yet).
-- I do have a girlfriend but she travels quite a bit so I get to ride often on weekends.
-- I don't wear fingerless gloves.
-- When work sends me out of town... I ride there instead of fly.
-- I have hit the rev limiter and I see no problem in doing so.
-- I do ride the bike hard at times but I do cruise down the freeway as well.
-- I don't consider myself a biker nor a poser, I just like to ride my bike.
-- I do wave at other bikes... even cops and the occasional scooter.
-- I ride in all weather from single digits to triple.

No major problems within the 50K. Transmission leaked at 1,500 Miles (re-tightened cover bolt), Stator replaced, Rear shock replaced three times, Rear brake switch failed 2 weeks before the recall, had to have the dealership rebuild front shocks once because I didn't like the way the bike handled when corning hard, headlight bulb replaced twice, 3rd set of tires (I average 20K a tire).

Last edited by Dr. Tiki; 03-13-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-13-2012 | 12:59 AM
eddiepoindexter
Cruiser
Talking

Originally Posted by Dr. Tiki
I am defiantly looking into the cost. Though I can do my own oil changes, brakes and basic maintenance there are things that I just prefer to have done by the dealer for various reasons.

To answer other questions (already asked and future):
-- I do work full time.
-- I do use the bike to commute to work (actually the engine in my truck died a few months ago and I haven't felt the need to replace it yet).
-- I do have a girlfriend but she travels quite a bit so I get to ride often on weekends.
-- I don't wear fingerless gloves.
-- When work sends me out of town... I ride there instead of fly.
-- I have hit the rev limiter and I see no problem in doing so.
-- I do ride the bike hard at times but I do cruise down the freeway as well.
-- I don't consider myself a biker nor a poser, I just like to ride my bike.
-- I do wave at other bikes... even cops and the occasional scooter.

No major problems within the 50K. Transmission leaked at 1,500 Miles (re-tightened cover bolt), Stator replaced, Rear shock replaced three times, Rear brake switch failed 2 weeks before the recall, had to have the dealership rebuild front shocks once because I didn't like the way the bike handled when corning hard, headlight bulb replaced twice, 3rd set of tires (I average 20K a tire).
LMFAO!!!

But the one question you didn't answer is, how many times have you replaced the muffler bearings???

: EP

Quick Reply: My 50 Thousand Mile 2010 Street Glide