Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

noticed a issue, am i the only one?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 08:40 AM
pinecroft
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a similar problem after dealer did rear tire change ---- the left side muffler clamp was not properly tightened and the muffler slipped back. After torquing the clamp down it still would not hold so I ended up replacing the clamp with a new one --- adjusted the pipes so they were equal and tightened clamp --- all's ok now. paul

Old 03-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Left nut hangs a little lower than the right, but I really haven't been too concerned with it cause they work just fine. I don't think there would be much of a performance increase by taking a hammer to them either, especially for appearance sake.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well im going t o look into further this week when i get back out in the garage. i hope i can get the adjustment out of the bolts but 3/4'' is a lot so ill just have to see. im too perticular with this stuff.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:06 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lakerat
Left nut hangs a little lower than the right, but I really haven't been too concerned with it cause they work just fine.
I had that problem once upon a time.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shortride
You can adjust the mufflers at the clamps where they connect to the headers. That's why the saddlebag muffler supports are slotted.
Great advice.

If it ends up being an issue with the mufflers definitely let us know. It's most likely just an adjustment issue.
Ryan

Old 03-12-2012, 09:55 AM
NECaveman
Tourer

The stock pipes on my 2009 SG aligned fine. I installed a set of SE SP Touring mufflers with end caps and the pipes were about 3/4 off. Pushed the right side in further and pulled the left side out so both match.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:24 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Look again, maybe its your bags that aren't mounted even or a combination of the two.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 884 Likes on 385 Posts

I running V&H Monster Oval slip-ons and I have the same issue.
I even took a measurement on both side from the hanger bracket and they are both the same.
But when I put the saddlebags on there is a 1/4"-1/2" difference.
It's like the saddlebags aren't even.

Weird but it doesn't really bother me that much.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:35 AM
crackercap
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sargek
Maybe the slipons are on each pipe a different depth? I check this whenever I install my mufflers. You should be able to adjust this by loosening the muffler clamps and mounting bolts under the bags. I center mine by making sure the hanger under the bags is centered between the two brackets on each muffler, if that makes sense.
Ditto

Old 03-12-2012, 10:43 AM
CHILLLS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by slammed05fatty
i have my bike on the jack putting all my front end components on and i walked behind the bike and noticed my exhaust tips are not sticking out under the bags the same. they are 3/4'' difference the clutch side of the bike is shorter than the brake side of the bike. i dont think anyone will ever notice it but its killing me, im wondering if they are all like that or is it just my bike. i have stock head pipe and 4'' rush slip ons. this is 2011 flhx im thinking its time to pull out some tools and cut and weld it all back like it should be
mine do the same thing. i have adjusted them a couple of time but they wind up back in the same spots every time. i probably need to replace my clamps but am holding out for the big louie pipes . i have the rush 3.5" now, great pipes.
so this brings me to my question do you happen to have a picture of the back of your bike so i could see how the 4" rush pipes look back there???

Quick Reply: noticed a issue, am i the only one?