Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Ride with Dresser Duals

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012 | 06:07 AM
Lilman
|
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default First Ride with Dresser Duals

A couple of weeks ago I removed the old headpipes and added V&H Dresser Duals to my existing Monster Ovals. Yesterday I finally got to take it for a first ride.

Impressions? Why the hell didn't I do this 30 minutes after I bought the bike!

Not sure if it was the duals or changing the PCV map but in my opinion the bike now rides like it should. More power through the entire band but especially in the 3k to 4500 RPM range. 6th gear roll ons are much better than with stock head pipes. The right side heat is WAY less than stock!

This is a change well worth the money and time!

As with almost any V&H products I have used, the install was straight forward and quality was high. Like a dummy I didn't read the directions and realized I should have installed the heat shields BEFORE mounting the pipes. It's difficult to do after the fact, but possible. If I were to do it again, I would order 2 new clamps for the mufflers also. Mine had been on there for 2 years and were a PITA to get back on correctly.

One word of caution for anyone considering this mod, DD's coupled with Monster Ovals are about 1/4 louder than stock with MO's. Not obnoxious but definately louder, especially when you wind it up. Personally I like it!

There you go, good investment and relatively easy mod for anyone who is somewhat mechanically inclined and has a good tool assortment. Some things are metric, some standard. Ughhhh, wish they would quit that!

Only thing I experienced is it seems like the idle may be a bit higher, seems to hover at around 1000 to 1100 even hot. I'll look into that this week sometime. Not a big deal.

Hope this may help someone who's thinking about it.

Later.......

Old 03-12-2012 | 06:38 AM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

If I go to true duals it'll be the Dresser Duals. I like V&H products. I've got twin slash 4" rounds on my EGC with the cat. still in the header and they sound pretty good.

Good choice - enjoy.

Old 03-12-2012 | 07:46 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

Same with me. Went with Power Duals, mainly to get rid of the heat, but I like the way it runs now!

Old 03-12-2012 | 07:56 AM
bobgv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does V&H provide the header gaskets with the dresser duals or do I have to purchase seperately?

Old 03-12-2012 | 08:32 AM
skully1200
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gaskets sold separately

Old 03-12-2012 | 08:44 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I did the V and H true duals this winter and agree. The change is excellent.

Old 03-12-2012 | 08:45 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stock power has always been plenty for me.

Old 03-12-2012 | 08:53 AM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I really like my V&H exhaust!!! As stated the right side heat issue is a non-issue once the cats are gone.

Old 03-12-2012 | 09:13 AM
Lilman
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bobgv
Does V&H provide the header gaskets with the dresser duals or do I have to purchase seperately?
No, you have to buy the gaskets. I went with the Cometic Gaskets. $6.99 and they are sold each. I like these better but each to his own.

Old 03-12-2012 | 09:14 AM
Lilman
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by shortride
Stock power has always been plenty for me.
Added power was a side benefit. My main reason for changing was to get rid of the heat.

Quick Reply: First Ride with Dresser Duals