Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nashville Harley Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 04:10 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Question Nashville Harley Owners

just moved to the area and looking to get the best information possible on area dealers. Who has best service department, who takes care of their customers. Have visited most of the area dealers, all seem to be focused on selling you something but really would like to hear feedback on who has had consistant service experience. Do you get the same tech, does service treat you right, do they inform you of the little things that might need to be checked or serviced, etc. I can try them all but would like to reduce the process of elimination problem down to one or two if possible.

From a knowledge standpoint, am having a 2012 bike serviced so not looking to have someone service an older bike.

thanks for any feedback.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:36 PM
ropin4gold
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Boswells. Bought a bike there and was treated pretty good. I had them do the 1k and had no problems. They also did recall work for me. I use an Indy to do most of my service work, JL Cycles in Lawrenceburg. Its south of Nashville but is a nice ride down there.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:16 PM
TNCarters
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome to the area from South Nashville. Bought my Limited from Boswells Rivergate and later let them do the 1k service. Service manager seems pretty good but he was out that day. I thought they rushed through it and did not half check things. They did throw in synthetic fluids for the price of regular. Several people I ride with go to Bumpus but do not know that they are any better than anyone else. They do have a nicer showroom.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:38 PM
streetglide44
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Memphis home of Bumpus. I would not take anything there.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:15 AM
TNCarters
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Have heard that about Memphis but Murfreesboro location seems to be better.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:30 AM
hamnhog
Cruiser

I also bought my bike at Boswell's (Fesslers Lane). Drove up from North Alabama because they were the best I had dealt with. Service Department is not perfect. There have been a few issues but they have always worked with me to get it right. The parts guy, Michael, is absolute tops. I think he knows every HD part number ever used.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Skeet7373
Road Master

Welcome to Nashville, I too have bought bikes at Boswells. If you need parts, do talk to Michael, he is the most knowledgeable. If you go to service, talk to Justin, but beware, takes a little to get used to him, you'll see...lol. In the past years, Boswells always did a great job on my old bike. they always worked with me to ake it right. Most of the mechanics have worked there a long time. Bumpus in the Boro are a great group of people. If you need parts call Doug, he knows everything. But as all dealers you pay MSRP for everything. Bost HD is on the West side of town off I40. The service manager has been there since I bought my first new bike in 93. But I have not had any service done there. another dealer south of Nashville has a great service manager to work with, but the service I received has had to be reworked on 4 times to get the bike back to new. With that said the sm is easy to talk to, will work with you in any way to make things right. As with any dealer now, you have to stay on them, ask questions.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I also bought my bike at Boswell's (Fesslers Lane).
I don't live in the Nashville area but we were there on a road trip a few years ago. My son lost the clutch on his motorcycle and Boswell's had a new in it and we were back on the road in 3.5 hours. Moved us to the front of the line in the service department.

I know this is SOP at most dealerships with travelers but we were impressed with everyone there.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:54 PM
TennesseeEG
Cruiser

Boswell's...that's all you need to know.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:11 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts

Thanks for all the replys i stopped over at Bumpus Murfreesboro and did not like what i was told so they have lost out.

Appreciate your comments, hopefully will see all of you on the road. You'll know it me when you see my Montana bike tags thanks

Quick Reply: Nashville Harley Owners