Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring threads Vs the others

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 01:42 PM
nightglide
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Touring threads Vs the others

Has anyone else noticed this? See pic. That the Touring bike aka “baggers” thread on this forum more then double all the other threads on this forum!!

I have been asked why I have such a big bike and not have a bar hopper-a bike for around town… I like my bagger for riding around town just as much as out on the highways…

I am sure glad I ran across this forum.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22136/0F8F418FDD1E407990EE1A47587836EB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-22-2006, 02:19 PM
SeaHag
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Touring threads Vs the others

Must be because we are the most active riders and have the best stories to tell.

Old 12-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

We catch hell because we've been in the BOTM so many times too. I can't help it everyone wants to be like us when they grow up. Get over it you Bagger Wannabees.

Old 12-22-2006, 02:32 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, I've checked out some of the other forums. This one's the most entertaining.[sm=teetertooter.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Old 12-22-2006, 02:34 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Yeah, I've checked out some of the other forums. This one's the most entertaining.[sm=teetertooter.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Old 12-22-2006, 02:35 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Old 12-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

No wonder we have more posts than the other forums. We post everything three times.
ORIGINAL: IAMSWUTIAMS

Old 12-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Snobal
Tourer

Haven't checked recently but it seems that per HD's company data, almost halfthe bikes they sell are baggers (you may have seen a few V-rods, sportsters and dynas setting around the local dealers, waiting to be adopted

I'd guess that by the time a rider can afford to buy/maintain/house/etc. a Harley, they have enough experience to buy a bike they can ride year-around and on vacation. My wife road a bagger for 10 minutes and soldher Dyna. She really likes the smooth ride, low vibration, and batwing when we go cross-country or just for a day-ride. Ittook a few years of my encouragement toget her to try it. After 10 minutes, the bike was not "too heavy" or "too big" or too anything. Shecould not believe how easy it is it ride a HD bagger.

Just for fun, check out HD's data on their average customer's age. Seems like itincreases about a year each year whenthey publish the data. Don't know what we will do for new bikes when all these old farts die off. HD came out with theV-Rodto capture the "younger market" but the V-Rod does not appear tobe a raging success.

These old-timers also can afford a computer and have the time to read and post on the WWW.

JMHO

Old 12-22-2006, 03:09 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Because non-baggers can't read or write?

Old 12-22-2006, 03:15 PM
cjuetten
Tourer

As we get older we spend more time at the computer and less at the bar??

I'm in transistion. I got a RK Custom so I technically fall in the Bagger class, But don't have a windshield yet. Istill drive my 92 softail, but for any long cruises the rubber mount RKis tough to beat.I get crap from my buddies "I see you got theRoad Queen out where's your Harley ?" Doesn't really mater what you drive as long as you enjoy it, but I think it boils down to the fact we spend more time on the computer.

Quick Reply: Touring threads Vs the others