Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 SG + 10" PYO=extended cable/brake line???

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 07 SG + 10" PYO=extended cable/brake line???

For you owners of older SGs. I have the new 10" PYO MMBs wired, hooked up and installed on the bike. Both the clutch cable and the brake line are literally 1" short. It looks like if I reroute the clutch cable outside the crash bar and then through the fairing hole it might work. Or am I fooling myself?

The brake line is also a hair short...is there some trick I am missing or do I have to buy a longer line and go through the hassle of installing it?

Thanks!!

Old 03-08-2012, 10:55 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDogNC
For you owners of older SGs. I have the new 10" PYO MMBs wired, hooked up and installed on the bike. Both the clutch cable and the brake line are literally 1" short. It looks like if I reroute the clutch cable outside the crash bar and then through the fairing hole it might work. Or am I fooling myself?

The brake line is also a hair short...is there some trick I am missing or do I have to buy a longer line and go through the hassle of installing it?

Thanks!!
I have the 10" PYO bagger apes, so I'm not real sure if there is a lot of difference. I had to re route the clutch cable to not go through the fairing, way to tight other wise. On the brake line, I took the factory bends out of the line and unbolted the junction under the trees and moved it about 2" by fabbing a bracket extension out of some scrap aluminum I had laying around. It would have been very tight, but would have worked, I just did not want it pulled that tight.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:59 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
I have the 10" PYO bagger apes, so I'm not real sure if there is a lot of difference. I had to re route the clutch cable to not go through the fairing, way to tight other wise. On the brake line, I took the factory bends out of the line and unbolted the junction under the trees and moved it about 2" by fabbing a bracket extension out of some scrap aluminum I had laying around. It would have been very tight, but would have worked, I just did not want it pulled that tight.
You confirmed my thoughts on the clutch and you are right about the brake...if I pull it hard enough it just makes it, but that stress on the rubber part of the brake line can not be good.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:59 PM
thenewrage
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not that hard to change those cables. i just did 12's pyo mbb and the hardest for me to do was throttle and idle cables because I pulled the tank. Brake is not hard just takes time to bleed it. clutch cable just takes a little patient. I went +8 all around with the 12's on my 07. All fit perfect. Hope this helps

Old 03-10-2012, 03:31 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yes clutch cable and brake line are a little too short but work. When i'll change my brake line, i'll add 2". For the clutch cable, i only let run free inside the fairing and it worked.

Have you make pics of your install? here's mine if it help you

Old 03-10-2012, 03:47 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer

Thanks for the help. I just finished hooking everything back up with the stock cables and brake line. The Throttle cables weren't even an issue. Seems to me a person could got 12" without issue there. I rerouted the clutch out of the fairing and there is plenty slack now...Luckily my wife doesn't smoke since it does run up against the lighter, but when you sit on the bike the line does not look out of place. I finally decide to yank the heck out of the brake line and got every thing on the right side to work properly. There is a tension on that line now that wasn't there before, so I may have to go +2 later. Right now I just wanted to get it up and running again. I love my PYO on my RG, but they look even better on a SG. The wife love's em!