Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Eyewear?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 07:49 AM
eleutheros
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

I tried everything but contacts. Everything was a pain one way or another.
Only 7eye (the widest most curved, to allow the most peripheral vision) worked, and still does: blocks the sun coming in on all sides, the rubber padding allows enough air in but not too much, they fit like a glove, and no distortion. I went for distance prescription, and even use them in the cage. No more squinting.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:11 AM
lrubio
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Panoptix is now 7Eye. I wear contacts and these are the best riding glasses I've found. They're costly but ensuring your vision while riding is priceless. They have many different styles with varying types of lens options including transitions if you ride from night to daylight or vice-versa. Find an HD dealer who carries them to find the best fit and lenses then shop for them on Amazon or Ebay.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:57 AM
BlackBetty
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny story:
I used to wear contacts until we were on our way to watch the fireworks, 4th of July 2003. Came around a long sweeping curve doing 70 and caught a cross wind that blew my right contact out(dominate eye). We were only about 3 miles from the house and about 1/2 mile from our destination for the fireworks, so we continued on. Getting home was a really big pain, but I made it. Went in a couple of weeks later and go Lasik!
Best money I ever spent.
Anyway, since then I been riding with Bomber Eyewear and a half lid.
I've tried a bunch of other brands, but just can't get the same fit as Bomber.
They have a huge selection and good prices and great customer service.
They have polarized and non
Comes with foam padding to stop the wind and makes them float, if you boat or jet ski!
Check'm out:
http://www.bombereyewear.com/

Old 03-07-2012, 01:01 PM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I have a pair of Panoptx that I love, but they're a little big for my face. I got a pair of Wiley X that do well with a 1/2 helmet, but won't fit on the 3/4. I just read about the Oakley Wind Jackets and I'm dying to try a pair out... Would really liked polarized lenses though, and damn, if the accessory lenses aren't pric-ey!

Last edited by plutnicki; 03-07-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:07 PM
57red
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only Oakley's on my eyes, if you ever get a chance to watch their demonstration you'll quickly see why!

Old 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
No helmet required in SD, and Rayban Predator II's.
+1 on these. This shape lens always works for me. I am not big on HD accessories, but I have a pair of HD glasses with light transitioning lenses I really like. Same exact shape as these.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:39 PM
J_Bob
Cruiser

Another Wiley X fan here. Started with SG-1s cuz they were free. I currently use the Blink model as they are a good fit for my rather large cranium.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Copyless
Supporter

I also wear several different designs of Oakley, such as the Radar Range, and M- Frame Strikes, but I think I prefer the SI Ballistics maybe the most for riding because they have both clear and tinted lens standard, are easily changed from lens to lens, have a strap that is removable, and maybe the strongest eye protection made.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:48 PM
flashracer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

need a good pair of sunglasses prefer prescription progressive lenses.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:12 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Tried on a pair of polarized Wiley-x Gravity's today...no thanks felt like a cheap pair drugstore sunglasses and the foam was very cheap...

Quick Reply: Best Eyewear?