Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you like the fabrication for the mounting and placement of the speakers?
Yes, it is clean and well though out
25.40%
Yes, but takes up a bit too much space
30.95%
No, it takes up too much space
44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

4-6x9" speakers in the hard bags

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:05 PM
stetler
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

onthelo,
Where are you buying your speaker grill material at? Online ?
I used to have a website that sold all different styles of mesh you could use for speaker grills but I no longer have that link.
Thanks !

Old 03-07-2012, 07:33 PM
onthelo
Road Master

Originally Posted by stetler
onthelo,
Where are you buying your speaker grill material at? Online ?
I used to have a website that sold all different styles of mesh you could use for speaker grills but I no longer have that link.
Thanks !
I purchase it from my buddy that owns the shop I used to work for. Thats where I get some of my supplies. The mesh grill is from AAMP products I think. There are all different kinds of mesh out there too.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:59 PM
ITOLDU
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 6x9 setup

Great Work as always,

Your thoughts on the following 3 options.

I have a set of 6x9 subs for the bags, thinking about running another set of 6x9 3 ways in the lids,
concern will the 2 fight each other....
next option install 6x9 subs in the bags and put the 6x9 3 ways in the lowers i.e. sinister or HD factor. ..
last option 6x9 subs in the bags, take 6.5 speakers out of the inner fairing and move 6x9 3 ways to inner fairing and put the 6.5 speakers in the facory HD lowers...

Thanks ITOLDU

Old 03-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Norie1
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice setup.. Yes its very common to see Bikes in Bay Area running this. I'm from SF too. Here having beat is a must!

Some of us do long rides.. I did Las Vegas, Street Vibes, Socal runs.. We have support vehicles and prospects when we do our long Club runs to carry our stuff. I wanted to do 4 6x9's at first but I always carry jackets and sweaters in my bags cause SF weather can change at anytime.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:39 AM
onthelo
Road Master

Originally Posted by Norie1
Nice setup.. Yes its very common to see Bikes in Bay Area running this. I'm from SF too. Here having beat is a must!

Some of us do long rides.. I did Las Vegas, Street Vibes, Socal runs.. We have support vehicles and prospects when we do our long Club runs to carry our stuff. I wanted to do 4 6x9's at first but I always carry jackets and sweaters in my bags cause SF weather can change at anytime.
No doubt I know those prospects come in handy if you need anything done feel free to hit me up here or through my email always looking to help out our bay area bike clubs with good quality installations.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:41 AM
onthelo
Road Master

Originally Posted by ITOLDU
Great Work as always,

Your thoughts on the following 3 options.

I have a set of 6x9 subs for the bags, thinking about running another set of 6x9 3 ways in the lids,
concern will the 2 fight each other....
next option install 6x9 subs in the bags and put the 6x9 3 ways in the lowers i.e. sinister or HD factor. ..
last option 6x9 subs in the bags, take 6.5 speakers out of the inner fairing and move 6x9 3 ways to inner fairing and put the 6.5 speakers in the facory HD lowers...

Thanks ITOLDU
6x9 subs and a pair of 6x9 3 ways in the lids are good and they won't fight each other although I would box the rear part of the hard bag to enclose the sub 6x9's you will get much better bass that way. box it up with an enclosure and that will be the way to go imo. For the front 4 6.5's fairing and lowers.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:16 PM
airforce one
Novice

Glacier where did you get order those new deutsch connectors I am trying to install an 8 inch sub and amp in my saddlebag of an ultra classic

Old 03-25-2012, 09:34 PM
airforce one
Novice

Hey glacier where did you get those quick connectors from ?

Old 03-25-2012, 09:45 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought them online from an electronic store,.....but I saw that Dennis Kirk has them in their catalog !! They are cheaper than what I paid too !! Try the Dennis Kirk website !!

Here's a link !! https://www.denniskirk.com/search/deutsch+connectors.q

Old 03-25-2012, 11:24 PM
airforce one
Novice

Thanks for the info! It appears that most of all the connectors are out of stock. But it is a good reference for me to keep checking thanks.

Quick Reply: 4-6x9" speakers in the hard bags