Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harborfreight Chocks setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 144 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Harborfreight Chocks setup

Well, thanks to a few good members on the forums, I got the codes for a really good price on the HF chocks. I finally got them setup last week but still have to paint the setup and add the 2x6 to the sides for extra backup support but I have a few pics. I used T-nuts on the bottom to mount 3/8" bolts from the top. Seems pretty secure and the way they are setup, I can put them in a trailer or move them around the garage but still not worry about them sliding around.

Attached Thumbnails Harborfreight Chocks setup-004.jpg   Harborfreight Chocks setup-016.jpg  

Last edited by Udawg; 03-05-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:47 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Udawg
Well, thanks to a few good members on the forums, I got the codes for a really good price on the HF chocks. I finally got them setup last week but still have to paint the setup and add the 2x6 to the sides for extra backup support but I have a few pics. I used T-nuts on the bottom to mount 3/8" bolts from the top. Seems pretty secure and the way they are setup, I can put them in a trailer or move them around the garage but still not worry about them sliding around.
this looks like a very simple & effective way to hold up the bikes. thanks for posting.
what did the chocks cost you & do you have a part number?

Old 03-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by CHILLLS
this looks like a very simple & effective way to hold up the bikes. thanks for posting.
what did the chocks cost you & do you have a part number?
With the discount code they were $39.99 plus $6.99 shipping each. Another $20 in the strand board and T-nuts and bolts. I like it because I can move them around wherever I want, even put them in a trailer. Here's a rear view, it really saved me space in my narrow garage.

Attached Thumbnails Harborfreight Chocks setup-015.jpg  
Old 03-05-2012, 02:24 PM
onthelo
Road Master

sturdy enough to clean the bike standing up ? looks great, thanks for the pics!

Old 03-05-2012, 02:28 PM
barkingspud
Cruiser

What a great idea! Thanks for posting this.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:32 PM
fxdsegrl
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Udawg
With the discount code they were $39.99 plus $6.99 shipping each. Another $20 in the strand board and T-nuts and bolts. I like it because I can move them around wherever I want, even put them in a trailer. Here's a rear view, it really saved me space in my narrow garage.
Thanks Udawg. I picked up one of these for the same price with the coupon code a month or so ago. I havent unboxed it yet though.

How are you finding getting your wheel in and out of the chock? Did you have to adjust the chock at all? Although I would have someone to help me if needed, it would be nice if I could get my RG in and off this unassisted.

Thanks

Old 03-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by fxdsegrl
Thanks Udawg. I picked up one of these for the same price with the coupon code a month or so ago. I havent unboxed it yet though.

How are you finding getting your wheel in and out of the chock? Did you have to adjust the chock at all? Although I would have someone to help me if needed, it would be nice if I could get my RG in and off this unassisted.

Thanks
I drive it in and when you get ready to take it out, it's kind of a ****** and grab the front brake, then ****** again and it works fine. Very stable in the chock. I don't use any tie downs. You have an adjustment on the chock to make it easier or harder to get out. The further back you adjust the pins, the easier it is to get out so depending on your bike, I would try all the way back and then add one hole at a time until it is stable. I also had to add about 4 - 3/8" washers to each side of the adjusting rod to take the looseness out. I'm also going to add a 2x6 to each side for at least a couple feet to help me have a better footing when removing it from the chock. If you are short, they could be 4x6 and make it easier to reach.

Attached Thumbnails Harborfreight Chocks setup-017.jpg   Harborfreight Chocks setup-008.jpg  

Last edited by Udawg; 03-05-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:00 PM
fxdsegrl
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate the pics and description you gave.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by onthelo
sturdy enough to clean the bike standing up ? looks great, thanks for the pics!
Absolutely stable enough to clean without tie downs.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:08 PM
onthelo
Road Master

[quote=Udawg;9483185]Absolutely stable enough to clean without tie downs.[/quote

sweet! probably a dumb question but if i get a bike in it with a 21" front wheel or an 18" wheel not a 16" wheel what do you think still stable or need a different craddle? do you kno if there available ?

Quick Reply: Harborfreight Chocks setup