Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harborfreight Chocks setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Mentalmadness
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[quote=onthelo;9483216]
Originally Posted by Udawg
Absolutely stable enough to clean without tie downs.[/quote

sweet! probably a dumb question but if i get a bike in it with a 21" front wheel or an 18" wheel not a 16" wheel what do you think still stable or need a different craddle? do you kno if there available ?
The rear flipper is adjustable for different sizes of wheel...So for a bigger wheel you more the flipper further away from the front of the stand.

Whats the coupon code? I want one of these for when I can use the jack.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:50 PM
onthelo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=Mentalmadness;9483301]
Originally Posted by onthelo

The rear flipper is adjustable for different sizes of wheel...So for a bigger wheel you more the flipper further away from the front of the stand.

thanks !

Old 03-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 144 Likes on 85 Posts

[quote=Mentalmadness;9483301]
Originally Posted by onthelo

Actually on this one, the front is adjustable and the back is stationary. It wil work with a 21" I'm sure because mine is a 17" and I still have a couple more slots to go. If it wasn't quite enough you could drill 2 more holes at the rear to move it back more.

On the coupon code, I used it and tossed it but do a search for HF Wheel Chock coupon code and you will find one.

Last edited by Udawg; 03-05-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:48 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=onthelo;9483216]
Absolutely stable enough to clean without tie downs.[/quote

sweet! probably a dumb question but if i get a bike in it with a 21" front wheel or an 18" wheel not a 16" wheel what do you think still stable or need a different craddle? do you kno if there available ?
I have a 21 and it works just fine, great post love your ideas, already had the idea about the board down the middle but 2x6 on the side is just the ticket to get it out totally unassisted,(leverage)

Old 03-13-2012, 06:37 PM
kc classic
Cruiser

when you put this setup in your trailer do you bolt the board down or just butt it up against the front of the trailer?
I see you used an 8' piece of wood. My trailer has a ramp built in the floor so I cannot use a full 8'. I am mounting it to a 6' piece,. do you think this will be an issue when I use it in the garage?

Old 03-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Stickman81
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great ideas.
Thanks for the pictures!

Old 03-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 144 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by kc classic
when you put this setup in your trailer do you bolt the board down or just butt it up against the front of the trailer?
I see you used an 8' piece of wood. My trailer has a ramp built in the floor so I cannot use a full 8'. I am mounting it to a 6' piece,. do you think this will be an issue when I use it in the garage?
I definitely would bolt it down. If no other reason the bouncing around.
I will measure and you should too but I think 6' is going to be too short. When you hit the chock with the front tire, the back tire needs to be on the board to keep the chock from leaping forward.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:57 PM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

It took mine one step forward and bolted it to the garage floor. If I need to pull a car or trailer in the garage I just remove the front prtion of the choke.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:50 AM
kc classic
Cruiser

Thanks Udawg,
That is what I was thinking about the back wheel being on the board. I will use an 8' board in the garage and bolt the chock to the trailer floor when I use the trailer.

The following users liked this post:
maurino17 (11-03-2020)
Old 03-14-2012, 01:03 PM
DXHD $100
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, thanks to a few good members on the forums, I got the codes for a really good price on the HF chocks. I finally got them setup last week but still have to paint the setup and add the 2x6 to the sides for extra backup support but I have a few pics. I used T-nuts on the bottom to mount 3/8" bolts from the top. Seems pretty secure and the way they are setup, I can put them in a trailer or move them around the garage but still not worry about them sliding around.
Great thread and idea what was the code I quest you can still use it?

Quick Reply: Harborfreight Chocks setup