Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean City Super Narrow

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 01:00 PM
racngrn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mean City Super Narrow

Talked with the Mean City folks today to get my appointment set. I am getting a couple saddles done for my TK, one stock and an SG saddle for when the Tour Pak is off. I was intending to go with the Mem Foam rework to get up to 2 inches off the saddle height, but was suggested that I go with their "Super Narrow" seat selection which is specific to 2011/2012 Touring seats only. Sounds great to me but was wondering if anyone else here has had the particular package done on their 2011 or 2012 Touring seat. Great folks there. They are already into April on work, so glad I called. Nice to see success in action. Thanks for your comments.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:05 PM
fxdsegrl
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I just had this mod done by MCC and posted earlier today. Here is my post. I highly recommend them. My link shows pics of this Super Narrow seat mod.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-mods-yup.html

Old 03-05-2012, 03:58 PM
racngrn
Cruiser

Sorry, didn't see that earlier post. My bad. I appreciate your redirect. Bike looks awesome and I'm glad you are happy with the outcome. I'm 5'7" and looking for as much as 2 inches of reduced seat height. If I get that, I'm happy. By the way, the RG Custom is beautiful. Saw a Maple/Black one this weekend at the dealer and nearly traded my 0 mile Limited right there on it. Looks really great in white. Stay safe. Steve

Old 03-05-2012, 05:02 PM
blockzilla
Cruiser

I had my 2012 Road Glide seat done that way last fall , at the time he said he had only done this new mod once so far ,(to his wifes seat I think he said ) ... anyway had mine done in supernarrow and lowered some with the memory foam installed .. I was only able to flat foot 1 foot before with the other not flat... now I can flat foot both sides with some bend in my knees ...( and although it feels alot firmer to the touch ) its so much more comfortable to ride.. best thing i've done so far . these guys know their stuff ....

Old 03-05-2012, 05:34 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

I came up with the Super Narrow for my 5'3" tall wife because just lowering her didn't help that much. I wasn't sure when I was doing it if it was going to work but once I sat on the bike myself I could tell a huge difference in the inner thigh area and when I got the seat home and she sat on it she had both feet flat...in tennis shoes so I knew then it was going to be a great modification for her and other vertically challanged riders on the new touring bikes. I liked the way the seat felt in the thigh area that I have actually done my personal seat the same way.

The only problem with the Super Narrow is we can only do it on 2011 and 2012 touring bikes.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:49 PM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it possible for you to narrow a reduced seat for A 07 sg?

Old 03-05-2012, 07:21 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by HD Jim
Is it possible for you to narrow a reduced seat for A 07 sg?
We can narrow it some but nothing like we can the new 11 and 12 touring seats.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:44 PM
acd118
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

MCC,

I love the low, scooped out look of the super narrow for my 2011 SG. I also really dig the idea of keeping the factory fit of the stock seat, you know it works. However, I can't stand the huge hump of the passenger section of the stock seat. It is so damn high and bulbous. Do you guys do a mod for the factory seat that lowers the profile of both the rider and the passenger sections of the seat??? I'm 6 ft, so I'm not really worried about footing. Just asthetics and comfort. Please let me know before I buy a Badlander or something like that.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:59 AM
racngrn
Cruiser

Thanks all and thank you, Allen, for the additional feedback. I'm in line and very excited to get my two seats "super narrowed". Timing for spring rides will be perfect.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:34 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by acd118
MCC,

I love the low, scooped out look of the super narrow for my 2011 SG. I also really dig the idea of keeping the factory fit of the stock seat, you know it works. However, I can't stand the huge hump of the passenger section of the stock seat. It is so damn high and bulbous. Do you guys do a mod for the factory seat that lowers the profile of both the rider and the passenger sections of the seat??? I'm 6 ft, so I'm not really worried about footing. Just asthetics and comfort. Please let me know before I buy a Badlander or something like that.
We can cut down the passenger section of the seat and the seat that fxdsegrl posted of the seat on her bike the passenger has been cut down to be sleeker. We are limited to how much we can cut down though due to three large air pockets that is in the foam, I am not sure why they put the air pockets in there but they are in there by design.

Quick Reply: Mean City Super Narrow