Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most Comfortable Handlebars ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 12:03 PM
BREAD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Most Comfortable Handlebars ???

ORIGINAL: 04RoadKing

ORIGINAL: Custom07RKC

Anyone know the link for Chubby handlebars?
Chubby bagger bars here... pick it up today from the dealer today. Rode a friends RK with these bars and they were GREAT.

Yes here you go
www.wild1inc.com

Old 12-24-2006, 10:33 PM
StL Mike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ZookHD,
Did the RG Wild 1s install ok? Stock cables and wiring reach or did you anything have to bechanged?
Mike

Old 12-25-2006, 12:25 AM
BREAD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Picked mine up yesterday, I must say these are great bars for me. I am no longer "hunched" over on the bike, can sit back and relax while riding. Fun part, it felt like I was on a brand new bike, had the new bike feeling riding home getting used to it again.

Stock cables worked fine, throttle cables look somewhat angled down but seem to be working fine.

I went with internal wiring and was told extensions were not necesary. However, on mine the longer wiring was needed or my dealer just ripped me for a couple extra dollars. Either way, had a credit I needed to use so they had the honors of completing the install.

All in all, the BEST modification I have done yet. Next HD, bars will be first followed very closely by another Mustang seat.

Old 12-25-2006, 12:33 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I just had the Chubby 508's installed on my '07 Road King Classic. We went with the stock clutch cable and +2" on the throttle, idle, and brake lines. The wiring harness on the '07's was not long enough, so we spliced an additional 4" into the harness. The 508's are very comfortable, although it's gonna take me a while to get used to the different wrist angle. But I'm sitting up straighter now, and anticipate that I won't have the pain between my shoulder blades and in my elbows on long rides anymore.

I've been using a Sundowner two-up touring seat which moved me a little closer to the tank, and I just bought a Mustang solo. It will be interesting to seek how the bike fits with the Mustang installed.