Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn LED headlight

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Parshdude
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakyn LED headlight

I have looked through the threads pretty generously, and can't find anyone talking about the Kuryakyn LED headlights. Are they any good, they are less than half the price of the HD LED's. Sure, they don't look as nice, I will agree ahead of time on that one, but on a budget, are they worth it? Will I have problems? If so, what kind of solutions are out there? The headlight would be installed on a 2004 Road King Police. My current headlight has got so dimm, I could not wait much longer to replace it for safety reasons.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:40 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Parshdude
I have looked through the threads pretty generously, and can't find anyone talking about the Kuryakyn LED headlights. Are they any good, they are less than half the price of the HD LED's. Sure, they don't look as nice, I will agree ahead of time on that one, but on a budget, are they worth it? Will I have problems? If so, what kind of solutions are out there? The headlight would be installed on a 2004 Road King Police. My current headlight has got so dimm, I could not wait much longer to replace it for safety reasons.
Kuryakyn is the Truck Lite product, do a search, you'll find books to read up on them .........

Old 03-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Parshdude
Novice

Thanks for the heads up, I thought turck light and Kuryakyn were seperate, I have read loads on truck light. Seems like I should be OK till I upgrade to the HD LED's, or upgrade to an Electra Glide...whichever comes first.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:03 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

The lights are certainly not a compromise or an interim step. I find them to be a great upgrade and would switch them to a new bike if I were to get another one. You won't be disappointed. Look for companies that discount Kuryakyn to get the best deal.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Parshdude
Novice

OK, upgrade to the HD LED's wasn't the right word, but I do plan on the change out purely for cosmetic reasons, I like the look of the HD lights better. Economics keeps me from getting them right now, but I plan to make the change in the future after I change out to the Vindikta bars. I will keep the truck lite around for any other bikes I may add to my garage, ie, an Electra Glide.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:34 AM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THEY HAVE A updated model out now phase 7 i believe

Old 03-05-2012, 01:12 PM
2010 ultra man
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default phase-7

I just looked at the Kuryakyn phase-7. It says nothing about them being L.E.D. lights. Just an F.Y.I.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:15 PM
slothy
Road Warrior
Old 03-05-2012, 01:23 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2010 ultra man
I just looked at the Kuryakyn phase-7. It says nothing about them being L.E.D. lights. Just an F.Y.I.
It's the new Phase 7 just ordered one Saturday online with a 5% dicount. It was listed for $259.99 then after the 5% discount the total was $246.99 free shipping. The new lights are labeled as Reflector Optics Design. Go to www.DiscountFleetSupply.com the 5% code is hdled5.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:46 PM
HeHateMe
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I just upgraded to the HD LED's with auxillary lamps too. Man, huge difference!

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn LED headlight