Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage Setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 04:11 PM
jfarrar30
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My kids know not to go anywhere near my bike cept our 2yr old but he is learning. My toybox is detatched so its never open unless im in there so I keep a close on on the little guy. Well except one time I was deep into one of the quads and her pretend motor sounds looked up and the booger was sitting on my ride in a dream world lol. Scared the crap out of me for BOTH my babies. But I raised 5 kids around my machines and no issues. With the cover on it they seem less prone to notice its even there. But there are a number of quads and dirtbikes and go carts to deter them too lol. Cover it up and work with them on not going near it you will be fine

Old 03-04-2012, 06:11 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

If you can't teach them to stay away from the bike (and presumably other stuff) it might be easier to cage the kids.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Smitty79
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a 3yr old boy who loves Daddy's FLHX. He reached out once and touched the pipes before I could stop him... Lesson learned... He now tells me every time he sees my bike, " Daddy's motorcycle is HOT!" It just takes them time and repetition by you to get them to understand the boundary. I suggest a motorcycle cover as a means of piece of mind for you.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:22 PM
harleyiron80
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

deja vu

Old 03-04-2012, 06:40 PM
gomiller2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Electric fence.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:41 PM
NJShoreScott
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I say teach them as best you can, and remember, bikes can be repaired and/or replaced. As a step-dad with none of my own, I know which of that equation is more important. I would welcome any dent, scratch, tear, what ever from my own, and do from my step-kids. That is life, I look at it as just another reason to get some new paint or chrome.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:46 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaz800
Just moved into new house with garage, new FLHX landed and want to set up garage to help keep my 7 & 3 yr olds away from bike. Last few bikes were POS and kids couldn't get near them. Can guys/ gals post any pics or suggestions. Thinking of building a small wall/stall.

Thanks in advance

People usually go from the kitchen door through the garage and out. So I put my bike on the opposite side of the garage, that way no one has to pass by the bike to get in and out. It helps prevent accidents.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:49 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

If you kids wouldnt mind wearing a bulky collar, try one of those invisible pet fences.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Tinman265
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cdestuck
If you kids wouldnt mind wearing a bulky collar, try one of those invisible pet fences.
ahhhhh..... Shock Therapy!!!!

Old 03-04-2012, 07:58 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

...how did we all survive before computers, when we had to figure this stuff out by ourselves???....my kids,(3), were taught young, that there was thing in the garage called "daddy's bike"..a thing so sacred to dad that not even Mom was allowed to touch it if I wasn't there...a thing that dad could walk by and just glance at..and instantly know, almost by magic..that someone had touched it...and if that happened..dad turned into a scary monster that no one ever wanted to see again...case closed..

Quick Reply: Garage Setup